Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mooring cover for older boats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
fordtech480 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordtech480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mooring cover for older boats
    Posted: June-06-2005 at 11:18pm
I'm going to buy a cover for my boat. What does everyone recomend/ use themselves any thoughts. I have a 74 martinque. No one seems to list a cover for this boat? it's a 18 ft just wondering if anyone else ran into this problem?? with there older boat any help would be great. thanks todd
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 1:31am
I bought a cover from New England Correct Craft for the 1974 mustang 17 about 4 years ago. It was the drawstring type which is harder to put on. I wanted this cause I didnt want to drill for snaps on the boat. The cover for the 76 Mustang 17 was built locally by a upholstery shop which has 9 snaps into the hull. I really didnt care so much about the snaps on that boat because its a beater boat. The cover does go on alot easier though! Just a thought, but i believe a Ski Nautique cover would fit where they were both 18 ft. May have to do some windshield tweaking though.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 3:38pm
I would just have one made ??
Or try www.overtons.com
Good luck , Mike
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2005 at 12:56am
Overton's has a good selection as does www.bartswatersports.com
We have a chain called Academy Sports here in Texas that also carries boat covers.
Bob Ed
83 2001
Scott View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2005 at 3:14pm
http://angolacanvascompany.com

Here in Indiana there is a place called Angola Canvas Company....I have pasted a link to their website above.

This location has 1000's of patterns for boats and have been a supplier to Mid-West CC for a number of years.

I called this company and confirmed that they had a pattern for my boat....they did.....I said please make me one...and specified the canvas type, color, etc. and a few weeks later a complete cover arrived at my home....it fit perfect the first time! I would recommend them.
Scott View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2005 at 3:16pm
You can also call Angola Canvas direct at:

1-800- 970-6607

I did notice that prices, etc. are listed on their website.
Scott View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2005 at 5:10pm
One last comment.

When you contact Angola....specify that you want tiedown loops / eyelets installed and also that you want the snaps left loose and sent in a bag.

By leaving the snaps loose it is possilbe for the boat owner to match the snap locations on the cover to the locations on the boat. Snap installation is very easy with a snap tool that you can pick up at a local hardware store or fabric /sewing store.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic