Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission won’t neutral

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
No Neutral View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No Neutral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission won’t neutral
    Posted: June-06-2005 at 8:09pm
My 97 Ski Nautique with Ford engine recently lost its neutral. In the neutral throttle position it is giving a lot of forward thrust, more than just casual. If i move the throttle slowly from the neutral position to the reverse position, it never goes into neutral, but straight to reverse. Help
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 5:15am
Try disconnecting the cable and shift manually. Check the reference section and read the manual. You may have serious problems. I lost reverse and need to pull the tranny.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 11:29am
you have to much fluid in the transmission or the clutch pack is too tight. An out of adjustment cable can cause the problem as will.
It only takes a little over a quart of tranny fluid for the 1:1 borg warner tranny.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic