Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Altenator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Manchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Altenator
    Posted: May-10-2005 at 4:02pm
I had removed the altenator on my '88 Nautique to have it tested since installing lights on a tower and having power problems....seems I have a spare wire not attached....does anybody know where all the wires go for this puppy?...the main power wire iz a no brainer but there are 2 smaller ones and if both are connected to the same post it trips the ingnition button off.....also looks like I may be missing a third post for attaching this but not sure.....thanx allot!....
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2005 at 5:20pm
One of the wires may be a ground...hence you are shorting out the circuit and tripping the breaker. I have not looked at the wiring of my alternator in years, so I cannot be of much more help. What are the colors of the wires.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2005 at 2:24pm
they do not go to the same post one is ground and the other is a fusable link that goes to the other small post I think it is marked E
Manchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2005 at 3:22pm
...Yeah, '79 you were right!....I called a dealer and he told me that of course the black was a ground & the other is for the signal excitor to determine when to charge the battery and should not be on the same post....ground should only be on the housing....looks like I'm missing a post....anywayz, problem solved....thank you both for the input!....mucho appreciated!....Live-2-Ride and Ride-2-Live!....cheers!.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic