NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NT

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NT
    Posted: May-07-2005 at 3:11pm
NT
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2005 at 8:40pm
Chevy block's aren't vary common only a couple million or so. This is realy weak question. Try jegs, summitt racing, your local papper, even a guy down the road on your block will have an aluminum intake that will fit.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2005 at 9:30pm
NT
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2005 at 10:39pm
Nice ride! Man would that look good pulling my '68. Stick around. You'll get some good answers. I am not a chevy guy so I can't be of much help. In most cases an auto manifold is a direct bolt-in in a boat. Can you post a pick of your manifold so we can see what's special?

PS: There are no weak questions, only weak answers.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2005 at 10:46pm
Ultrahots,

This is a forum to get help and exchange
ideas about these boats. 79 Nautique is
ok. I've seen plenty of helpful and patient
posts by him. He's probably just having a bad
day.

Weekends are usually a little slower on this
forum than weekdays. In the next week, if there is a drop-in manifold solution to your
problem, I'm sure somone will come forward with it.

Nice boat and even nicer car. Takes me back to my high school days. Neighbor was national
champion and trained behind a 79 SN. Every guy in school wanted a 67-69 Camaro.

Regards,

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2005 at 1:42am
typically there is an additional houseing bolted to thermo stat housing for the plumbing to work correctly or the housing it's self is different. There is no differnce on the runners, there is one for each cyclinder and it makes no differnce in the route it gets there. It starts and stops at the same place. I would be vary surprised if they flipped the intake and exhaust sides of the heads which would make the head unque for marine applications.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2005 at 1:50am
take a look at this.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RK025026

this is what makes the plumbing work. Your sensor locations may move a little but I doubt it, and you may have to move the coil mounting point a little bit but there are no accessories to worry about. Show us a picture of the engine/intake in question and show us the problem you have.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2005 at 2:13am
Explain accessories has you interpit them. On the Ford there are none for a 1979 model I would say it is the same for a Chevy. If it bolts to the block and heads then it's going to work. There should be bosses to mount the bracket for the throtle cable and you may lose a boss for the coil bracket but it can be moved to a mounting bolt of the intake if it isn't already mounted there which most likely it already is. There are more benefits to an aluminum intake than just weight savings, so if you have to changes things a little bit its well worth the extra time.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2005 at 8:11am
ultrahot...why are you leaking oil? I'd hate to hear that you do the same with a new aluminum intake.

Hey Jim....why are those guy's all wearing coats to launch their boats? Looks like they're going duck hunting!
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2005 at 5:39pm
It does look exactly like they are going duck hunting. I owned a coat once but I lost it.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic