Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a rigde

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Hans Romijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a rigde
    Posted: September-14-2009 at 7:05pm
I try to buy me an BFN from '85. It is painted yellow but with a monster on top it look nice. No damages etc... exept for this.

The motorcover is not resting on the floor but on a (tropical)wooden rigde. The hinges are put on this rigde. The rigde has no carpet on it.
I have not seen BFN's in real exept for this one. But on some pictures this rigde seems not original.

Is one of you familiar with this situation?
I have the idea that the stringer below is rotten so the hinges will not fit anymore so they place the rigde on the floor and there is new body to attache the hinges too.

Ecuses for my probably bad English.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 7:20pm
Hans..I think the motor hinges are screwed to the rear floor section, that is removable, that being said: its easier to replace that entire floor section, than doing that modification. So my guess is something to do with the engine to cover clearence. A taller intake manifold, flame arrestor set, could easily interfere on how the cover closes.
I would worry If the entire engine was sitting in that ridge!!!

Does the 85 bfn engine sits directly on the stringers or in the alluminum frame?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 7:38pm
hello boy,

i don't know if there is alu frame? i will look for it whe i go steering with it next week.

i think only the box round the motor is fasten to this rigde.
if i underrstand you right you think they have make the engine 'higher' so the original box don't fix any more. its a chevy motor. no strange things seen.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 8:27pm
Hans,
Get some pictures posted and we can tell for sure but I'd say Seb (Kapla) is correct that the engine won't fit under the engine hatch for some reason.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 11:20am
Hi Hans,

I saw that BFN on the site of TB in Lobith.

Like the SK in Aalsmeer, this one is repainted too.
Which is a pity.
The yellow does not match the white and blue interior.
And the red under the waterline looks cheap as well.
This boat will never hold his value like an original.
Besides possible stringer issues.

If you desperate want a '80s 2001 or BFN, take your time.
The fall sets in within a month.Gives you at least 6 months to search.
Consider an import from the US.
There are guys around at this site to help you on that.
It's easier than you think.
A friend of mine imported a 50's Chris Craft from upstate NY.
Transport by container.
'92 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 8:36pm
Hello Miochiel,

Thanks for you're concern.But i am not desperate and i'll take my time. When i don't find a right one this year than we wait a year. But i take every chance to learn about the CC's. So i drove to Lobith to see this Yellow one. Talk with the owner/salesman and learn. I haven't been in the water with it an we haven't talked about a price.

Now the dollar has become historical cheap i think its better to buy a BFN in the states. The offer is larger. Preferably from a member of CCF.com, i think.

But some have to help me with this.

Perhaps youre friend is willing to help me?

Houdoe
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2009 at 5:23pm
Hans, I went through that and will post some pics later and explain. The whole boat was not quite right(felt like there was only room for the chevy) with only 3/4" of lift on the engine cover.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 8:21am
Hans, got your e-mail and thanks for the kind words!

This is the spacer I used for a time. It really made the boat feel smaller and caused a few stubbed toes. The boat didn't even sound quite right. Now it's gone!

When you have some time, do a seach here on the site for 'new buyer', 'what to look for in a used boat', etc. There have been a few threads with great info on what to look for. When you think you're close to buying, post pictures and we'll offer our thoughts. You also have some 'neighbors' over there who know their business.

Best of luck in your search!
Greg
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 9:01am
Hans,

Don't worry about your English. It is good enough for us to make out. I can't speak a single word of Dutch nor can probably most of us here on CCFan. A big for making the effort!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 9:19am
Hi Hans,

I came across this '88 2001, location Germany/Monchengladbach:
http://www.boatshop24.com/web/en/werften/m/c/correctcraft/1996958.htm?such=1&SORTORDER=1

Including tower.
Engine hours (2300) and price (10.000 euros) on the high side.
'92 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Romijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 9:40am
Hi Buf,

Thanks for your reply. Tips and trics are usefull.
I love you all.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 3:27pm
10K euro is indeed on the high side Michiel...
It doesn't even have LPG, so also expensive on gas.

I paid 8K euro for mine, 1650 hours and LPG in it and also original. So this one should be around that price.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic