NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang 17 with black stripe

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang 17 with black stripe
    Posted: April-22-2005 at 1:01am
We have a 1974 omc 225 and a recently purchased 1976 pcm 215 Mustang 17. We have had the 1974 omc 225 since new and noticed something unique. The interior is red, yet the racing stripe is black, not red! I have not seen a Mustang 17 with a black stipe in the several years of trying to find a twin sister to it. I have seen omc 225 engines around although rare. Also, the "CORRECT CRAFT" logo is also painted black possibly silkscreened. I have not seen any like this either. All the ones I have seen have been rivited on. Wondering if anyone has one or knows of one around.                    

Thanks.....
watermutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watermutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2005 at 1:16am
my 74 mustang 17 had painted CC logo but blue stripe with blue interior
swamp demon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swamp demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2005 at 10:36am
it probably was changed by a former owner.
our 74 Had a dull gelcoat strip.
This was 1st year for the 17
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2005 at 9:18pm
The boat was bought new by my Grandfather and it has never been worked on by anyone. The boat is identical to the one in the 1974 brochure. It is a carbon copy from the interior to the black stripe, and even has the spotlight.   
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2005 at 4:55am
yellow boats had black stripes

64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic