Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rope Guide Bar

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mma3447 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mma3447 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rope Guide Bar
    Posted: March-10-2005 at 10:42am
I am looking for a rope guide bar for a 73 SN.
mma3447
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2005 at 3:00pm
you should have listed this under parts wanted not general discussion
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2005 at 6:28pm
MMA3447,
You will have to make it , you can buy the tubing and fittings from West Marine .
Go to the reference section of this site and look at how the 1973 is set up in the photo , then look at the set up on the 1974 , I have a 1976 Ski that has a section of 7/8 anodized aluminun tubing with two end fittings attached to the rear deck . They used this style from 1974 to 1976 then in 1977 they changed the rear deck . I can make some measurements of mine for you if you want .
Good Luck ,
(nautique Frk)
mma3447 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mma3447 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2005 at 10:27am
79nautique-I will be sure to use the correct forum in the future. nautique frk-Thanks for the info. I will look into making one. My primary concern is to use the existing holes and to cover the mark made by the original bar.
mma3447
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2005 at 1:05pm
mma3447.. when u finally get the parts needed you can make a pattern of bolt holes using your original guide if you have it or make a tool using poster board strips the width and length you need. You might even find some real thin clear plastic( home Depot?)to make a transfer strip. Then transfer the holes to your new rub strip. Be cautious when you transfer the holes by making sure you don't do it backwards.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic