Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

chrome correct craft side emblems (metal)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chrome correct craft side emblems (metal)
    Posted: January-25-2005 at 10:41am
Ok guys this is getting a little ridiculous , a pair of pitted old chrome correct craft emblems is going for over 200.00 on ebay , I will admit that I did bid on them , But please some one just remake them and sell them for a decent price ?
mabee 100.00 ?? It is crazy that the prices for some of this stuff is going out of control .
Just step up and start remaking things, Some one did it for all of the old Chris Craft parts and other antique and classic boats , Correct Craft is at that point .
Mike
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 12:41pm
Would you be interested in plastic emblems? I think I could make a casting off my original script logo and cast them to plastic and spray chrome paint on them and it would look like the real thing.
Tim D
rbjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 3:59pm
Hey Tim,
      If I may ask, How do you make a cast of the emblem? I have a 1980 nautique & one of my side emblems is cracked & missing a piece, but my other one is still good. I'd like to make a cast of the good one, and as you said, paint it chrome. So that both of mine match.
RBJr
80' Nautiques Rock!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 5:34pm
RBjr , You can still get the emblems for your 1980 Ski Nautique for about 10.00 each .
check out www.whitelake.com and go to parts section. You also can get the Correct Craft and USA decals there too . They can ship it right out to you .
Mike
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 7:05pm
mid-west correct craft or any other regional correct craft distributor has the emblems and all of the stickers as well with out the middle man mark-up.

There are several ways to make the mold from the existing piece. But basicly you take the part and make an impression in some type of media. For instance you can take a box filled with green sand make the impression, add a spruce and vent in the other half and pour liquid metal in to the mold and have an exact duplicut(sp). Or you could use plaster for the mold, you could use a stylist and copy directly to a steel mold. What you plan on using to make it from will drive what type of mold you make. Making it out of metal is easier than to make it out of plastic and cheaper as well. Then again you also have to have the time money and equipment as well.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 7:28pm
White lake Marina is celebrating its 50th year as the oldest dealership for Correct Craft this year 1955 to 2005 . They are located in eastern N.C.
They are a real Correct Craft Dealer .
I would think the pricing would be the same as
MidWest CC or Southeast CC or any other CC distribution center .
You can also Contact Woody or Art in parts at Southeast CC.
Mike
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 7:33pm
The Script Correct Craft emblems went for (are you sitting down ) Drumroll ---- $203.50
These were the metal script "Correct Craft" Emblems that are chrome plated Zinc .
WOW !!!!
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 9:13pm
i made a casting (still have it) from my lone good emblem. purchased the two part mold material and two part casting resin from US Composites. Worked very well, most folks find it hard to believe i did it myself. honestly however, hardest part was finding the materials.
rbjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2005 at 12:26am
Thanks for all the info everyone.
RBJr
80' Nautiques Rock!!
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2005 at 11:31pm
Any thoughts on laser cut stainless? Mirror finish sheet cut with Nitrogen assist gas would make a very nice product.

I may make a few dozen to see how they turn out.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2005 at 12:54am
That sounds great , cant wait to see how it turns out .
Mike
Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2005 at 2:45am
Ok everyone I have stepped up and spent $1,500.00 to make a mold and produce the 70"s White plastic Black lettering side Emblems. These look as good or better than the originals. There seems to be a lot of broken ones in the Diaries section. I will have to sell 30 sets to break even . So check out the parts for sale section for info about ordering. By the way before I did this I got permission from Correct craft to Reproduce these Emblems.

Thanks Stan C.
Stan C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic