Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you polish the ski pylon?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jeff View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you polish the ski pylon?
    Posted: January-25-2005 at 2:34am
I was looking through the diaries and saw a couple 2001 model nautiques with polished ski pylons.

Did they polish them or do you actually have to buy another pylon?

If you they do polish, what is the procedure. I have an 84 nautique, the pylon has a lot of scratches from the extended pylon, but we are moving to a tower this year, so I wanted to make it look nice.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 9:01am
Some pylons are painted steel, some are chrome-plated steel, others are brushed aluminum.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 11:08am
Eagle one never dull and elbow grease works wonders.
jdreiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdreiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 2:32pm
Never Dull and lot of elbow grease also.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 7:11pm
Hell is there an echo in here?
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 7:30pm
Nevr-Dull works great too. With elbow grease of course.

jeff View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2005 at 8:10pm
Where do you get Never-Dull at? Is something special or do I just get it at the local hardware store or do I have to make a dreaded trip to wally world.

thanks
jeff
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2005 at 11:20am
Local hardware should have it.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2005 at 2:24pm
Where can you buy the "elbow grease" im having trouble locating it.
NautiSki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2005 at 11:01am
WOW! This stuff works amazingly well. Turned a tired old pylon from my Nauti80 into one with a mirror like finish. Best $3 I ever spent on a cleaning product. Any luck getting the nicks clean too? Maybe I'll try a stiff plastic bristle brush?
NautiSki
1980 Ski Nautique
Troy White
817-266-0711
Grapevine, Texas
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2005 at 3:56pm
The best polish for the money is Blue Magic in the auto section at Wal Mart. It is strong and cheap.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic