NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vent Hose Routing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vent Hose Routing
    Posted: January-16-2005 at 8:14pm
I finally had time to dig into my new '66 Mustang. There are no vent hoses anywhere. Will someone with knowledge of this series of CCs shed some light on how the rear vents and the blower are to connect? One of the rear vents points forward and the other points to the rear. Where is the blower (an in-line type I suspect) unit usually mounted? Thanks in advance.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 11:14am
I mounted two 4" blowers on top of the gas tank and ran the flexible hose to the outlets. I used silicone caulk to basically glue them down, it's soft and seems to hold up well, that and the fact that they barely fit into the space and doesn't take much to hold em' down. Both vents face the rear on my boat. We ran the suction hoses under the floor and attached one to the upper side of the hood for heat/fumes and another by the intake manifold/carb for cooling and or fumes.

My old blower was very small and attached to the outlet right above the tank but moved very little air. Originally two vents, but only one blower.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 5:01pm
There is a reason for the two stern vents with only one blower. When the blower is off, the bilge will still vent by forced air (while underway) via the vent without the blower, as the blower motor restricts the free movement of air.

So, having a blower on both stern vents means you would have to leave the blower on all the time to get adequate bilge ventilation.

On my '77 Martinique, the original blower was a squirell cage design the bolt directly to the bottom of the deck under the vent. I believe it had a hose routed to the bilge area. The other exhaust vent had a hose routed to the bilge (actually, just below floor line.). When the squirell cage fan gave up, I mount an inline fan on the side of the stringer down in the bilge.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 5:09pm
I like it David. Thanks...
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2005 at 12:00pm
My blower is between the stringers at the very back. There is a rubber sheild in front to keep water away. The exhaust goes out to each chrome air scoop on both sides of the boat at the back. A friend of mine has a '66 American Skier and his boat has the same little scoops but one is facing forward and the other to the back. Both of mine face the rear and you can feel the blower pushing air out. Also you should have an air vent on the rear of the engine box. The intake hose for the blower is mounted on the transmission. Some people say it should be as low as possible because gas fumes will sink. I had to replace the hose going from the blower to the vents and found some identical at NAPA. While you are moving the intake scoop in front of the windsheild directs air into the bilge through a 4" hose that looks like clothes dryer hose goes through the foam. Mine stops before the ski pole. With the box vent and the intake scoop it's not air tight.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic