Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attaching ski rope.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
83Southwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83Southwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attaching ski rope.
    Posted: January-09-2005 at 1:34pm
This is a novice's question. On my Southwind there is a lifting ring on the rear deck. How do I attach the ski rope? What is the secret? I do not have a ski pylon for mid mount as yet.

83Southwind
Wick
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 4:58pm
I use a snap ring like those used for mountain climbing.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 8:14pm
83 to the best of my knowledge,that aft lift ring was designed for vertical lift.you may want to check into the stress effects on horizontal pull from that point.if u look at it from under the rear deck/stern area i think u might reconsider pulling a boat or skier from the LIFT ring.
kenny g
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 9:38am
I pull my wife on a slalom ski from the rear lift ring. On my old boat, the ski ropes had worn a groove around the eye long before my purchase.

Insert the loop through the Lift Ring and then wrap this loop over the top of the Lift Ring.

Not all CC's had ski pylons so this must have been the Tow location.

There's another CC hanging on the Lake where I live/ski. The pulleys and cable are not directly centered over the Lift Rings. That's a huge sideload...not saying it's wise....but that boat has been that way for years.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2005 at 5:22pm
Push the loop ( or any take-off loop) through the eye and open the loop and put it back over the outside of the eye.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic