NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goals for 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Not sure about the toe-hold, as Ive never tried one (HW might know better). Im gonna get a handle this year and find out firsthand.

firstfoot??

Toeholds are not a big leap. Used to do them in the old days. The luster wore off that star after falling more than once and busting an ear drum. You tend to torque when you fall, given the pull point, driving the side of your head into the water. Thats not to say its not on my to-do list for this year too, though - perhaps with ear plugs.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Thanks Bruce- but I need a lot of work. Joel, Im not running 22 @36 yet- 28off is a stretch goal for this year. Ive been at 22-28 off for a long time, but usually work 32-34mph. The INT instructor had me go up to 36mph and back to 15off (for the first time in ~10 years). Gotta get consistent at 36 and start cutting line.

Well, time to dedicate some of that endless browse time to my site! We could use some help. My only goal is to run 34 mph next year, and I have a feeling it's going to happen with the schedule I have laid out for next summer (2-3x per week). How do you like 22 on that 90? Parking curb?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:47pm
Thanks Bruce- but I need a lot of work. Joel, Im not running 22 @36 yet- 28off is a stretch goal for this year. Ive been at 22-28 off for a long time, but usually work 32-34mph. The INT instructor had me go up to 36mph and back to 15off (for the first time in ~10 years). Gotta get consistent at 36 and start cutting line. I just need some more time on the ski... we did a lot more barefooting in '07!

Not sure about the toe-hold, as Ive never tried one (HW might know better). Im gonna get a handle this year and find out firsthand.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:28pm
M3, I saw Tim ski at the NE Reunion. He is a heck of a skier. I don't think he was even trying that hard and he was clearly better than everyone else there.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:28pm
Ok Larry and HW, I'm all for bacards too, it's been 15 years for me and I want to get back to it. I stepped off and as much as it can beat you up I don't really care to learn a deep so I'll have to learn to flip that darn ski around again.

1. go bacards again

2. Push Hw past that plateau, You need more boom time man.

3. get as many of my old barefoot skills back that my body will allow.

4. organize an Illinois river "Boom Blast" we'll crank up and down the river showing off the false courage the boom can give you and then head to Boondocks for afternoon recovery.

5.get behind a boat where I can actually do some real hard core BF wake crossing. ie: not an 81 SN.

6. Enjoy every trip out on the boat no matter how bad the water is or how lousy I ski.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:26pm
Get the boat wet!!!!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:26pm
Tim, are you running 22 off consistently at 36? Are you kidding? If so, you are one hell of a sleeper slalom skier. 36 at shortline is very, very intense to watch. Whole 'nuther ballgame.

Also, is a front toehold that hard? I've never tried it but I thought it was one of the lower-level tricks out there. I'm not trying to sound like a smartass here, I'm actually curious as to why it's that hard.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:26pm
1. Take a ride in the Mustang.
2. See my boys in the INT at least twice.
3. Complete the course at 28 mph.
4. Spend both days at the NE Reunion.

Todicus, how much does wine cost out there? I like good wine, but try to keep the purchase price to no more than $6.99/bottle. I try to buy just CA wines. I know you can spend a lot on wine anywhere, but are there lots of wines out there for between $1.99 and $6.99 that are good?
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:23pm
To be alive this time next year to read this topic for 2009, no tickets in the boat this year(both of those might involve staying away from the Chicago Mafia)and to enjoy the ride in between!

Oh and world peace!
Greg

86 BFN
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:13pm
1. Spend more time with my kids, ages 13 and 5.
2. Be more loving to my wife
3. Be more diligent at work
4. Go to Church
5. Help others
6. Meet some friends on CCF, at least hook up with BKH since he lives so close.
7. Learn to foot ( I picked up a boom on CL for $125 last month ).
8. Try not to drink as much as I did in 2007 (living in wine country can be hard at times), which will help me in items 1 through 7.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

My skill level has plateaued the last 2 years, if I don't get these done it will be pretty disappointing.

Try plateauing for 25 years. I tried bacerds footin' a million times in the early 80s. No boom, no teacher, tried back deeps, stepping off, back tumble ups, off a kneeboard, never made it. A few almosts, but never there. Tried a couple times in the 90s when I hooked up with a friend with a boom. Almost but not quite. After a 15 year hiatus, started working on it with Tim last summer after he got back from GL.    This summer for sure!! (This site will do strange things to an otherwise somewhat normal person.)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 5:41pm
forgot about that one Tim.

Back to front
Back step off
5 minutes endurace

My skill level has plateaued the last 2 years, if I don't get these done it will be pretty disappointing.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 4:58pm
1. Finish the Tique
2. 6 footers behind the '90
3. Pull the Skier to GL
4. Longline backdeep
5. Back-to-front
6. Front toehold on 5' line
7. 28 off @36
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 4:44pm
1. new carpet and observers bench seat
2. bacerds BF
3. more time on a course
4. some CCFan visitors to the Cape (sort of out of my control, but the invitation is there)
5. meeting CQ (with some other chicagoland traveling mates?) at Tims place this spring
6. visiting reid during my NC trip this summer, hopefully when jbear is there
7. outings with the NE bunch - including Mike, so as to get him in the BF line by the end of summer
8. my son: BF, at least short line deep, maybe even long line; cutting on a ski; elementary aerials on his board (I cant help him with that, he's on his own)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 4:15pm
Front toe holds shortline
Backdeep longline
Consistantly run 34 mph (like I used to)
Ski more acts on show team

Conventional doubles with Carolyn pouring me a beer bong.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 4:09pm
1. All Toys in water by end of May
2. Full Injury Free watersports season.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 3:46pm
1. 100hrs on the boat
2. Teach 3 people to ski
3. Improve my skils behind the boat
4. Build/play around with a disc
5. On the water before May and after Sept.
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2008 at 3:05pm
   Now that the New Year is here,and spring is around the corner(hopefully)for us northern guys,anybody got any goals set for this year yet?

I would like to try footin for the first time,introduce a couple of new people to wakeboarding and wakesurfing,Maybe get together with the N.E. guys more than once and the obvious...lots of time on the water.

Lets hear 'em
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic