NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boaty and Skipper

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boaty and Skipper
    Posted: December-21-2007 at 7:13am
Reid, How's the training of your dogs to ski going? If Squiggy can do it, they could too!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 5:05pm
Pete, that is Twiggy.

This is Squiggy.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 7:36pm
HW, You sure have been helpful!! Besides the C and the K problem, I think you even corrected me on a Dreamsicle / Creamsicle issue! I wouldn't know what to do without your help! Thanks. To make it worse, I've talked about Twiggy before.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2007 at 11:16am
No, No -- I think Pete's right... Yea, I think it was "Lenny and Twiggy" on that old show "Lavern and Sherry!"
Love those old shows.
Anybody remember Mork and Cindy starring Robert Williams?
Inboards Rule!
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2007 at 10:38pm
It was Mork and Mindy, yes I remember the reruns of it.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 12:53am
Reruns? Not the first time around? I went to your profile to see when you were born but you didn't list it. So you must be young.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 2:54pm
Wow jbear! I went to 87BFN's profile to chek the "age" thing after you said that and for a minute I was thinking 87BFN was really, really, really , really, really ...

...really old because I looked at the wrong line.

I was mistakenly looking at number of posts "1653!"

Inboards Rule!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2008 at 1:35pm
And yet another post that I completely missed, and this one was asked directly to me! I should be punished. I guess since I'm such a crappy skier I don't venture to this Forum like I should.

Back to the question at hand Pete, I guess I'm just not as good a dad as I thought I was. Judging by these picts it sure looks like they're anticipating something and have given me all the signs which I've obviously missed until now. Thanks for opening my eyes.   

In reality, I'm confident Skipper (female)would take to and stay on one the very old style (what were they called, aquaplaner?) boards. Boaty on the other hand won't stay on anything unless I'm on it to. Tried pulling him in the tube real close behind a jetski and he'd have nothing to do with that and ended up with front paws on the 'ski and back legs in the tube. Missed Kodak moment. Pretty bad case of separation anxiety. This summer may be the year for Skipper, though.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2008 at 8:40am
Reid, If Boaty really needs your company!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2008 at 12:39pm
Love the dog driving the boat. Check this dog out.

Chicago's waterskiing dog
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2008 at 1:35am
Pete, you're on to something, as I didn't think about that. As much as they love to ride on jetskis and float on the rafts, I don't think this would be problem.

And HW, the Chi-town hound has definitely put us to the point of no return.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2008 at 2:04am
Well I know these two dogs love to spend time in the boat...could barely get into the '80 when Boaty and Skipper were around during our August visit. They just loved sitting in the boat while it was tied to the dock.

At least they do have good taste.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 5:11pm
John, did you have Twinkies in your boat? That might explain it. I hear they like twinkies. At least that's what CQ told me.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 5:55pm
I didn't see any, but reid sure did have lots of peanut butter on the dock, and no bread...
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2008 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

John, did you have Twinkies in your boat? I hear CQ likes your twinkies.

Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2008 at 12:24am
I am not sure what treat Reid put in the boat but could not get them dogs out. Was ok tho, never used any of my gas all week. The dogs were content at the dock.

john

The visual of CQ and Twinkies in the same sentence is hard to take.
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic