Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1976 Dash Wiring for Ignition switch

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1976 Dash Wiring for Ignition switch
    Posted: December-09-2007 at 12:45am
Can somebody give me a quick answer.

I was replacing the ignition switch on a 1976 ski nautique.

While taking the old switch out, I knocked the wire off that goes to the BAT pole,     I was trying to do one wire at a time , I got the Sol and the IGN poles wired.
But I pulled the Bat wire lose before I could see what it was connected to up in the dash.   I thought there would be a connecter sitting there visible and it would be obvious But I can't see what it was connected to.   
Where does it go ?   

Thanks in advance.
Phillip
pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 11:02am
Phil, If you still have the amp meter, the Bat term on the switch goes to it. (the load side) If the boat has been converted to a volt meter then take a close look at the wiring diagram as there are a couple ways of doing it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 11:31am
Thank you very much Brainard,

Phillip
pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic