Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seat Skins?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seat Skins?
    Posted: August-13-2004 at 10:32am
I've seen posts on other sites about buying precut seat skins from Correct Craft. Has anyone done this??
Was wondering if you can get them for older boats, approx.cost?, how the install went?
I've redone my 84 a little at a time over the years. Problem is that some of my first fixes will need to be redone soon. I will probably redo the whole thing at once this time.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2004 at 3:22pm
I did mine that way. It will run around a grand for all the skins and foam. What you might want to do that I didn't is on the back of the drives and observers seat use some cotton mat or thin foam or something along those lines that will hide the staples and vinyl that wrapes around the edge from the front skin before you put the back piece of vinyl on.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2004 at 6:24pm
79NAUTIQUE,
How did you go about getting them?
Do they come direct from CC?
Do they come as a set or by piece?
I guess if you have a 79 then they're available for 84's. Original colors?
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2004 at 1:35am
I am planning a winter resoration project of my 82 nautique and have done some research on the interior.

Midwest CC in Angola Indiana has the patterns and will make you new skins. I think the price was right around $1000.00. They will UPS them to you.

When I inquired with them they were able to send me a few pictures of boats they did as well as a few color samples of suggested vinyl. They are really decent to work with.

Good Luck!
Brian
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2004 at 1:38pm
Call Dennis at Mid-West Correct Craft at 260-833-2226. He can help you with the foam and skins for your seats.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2004 at 5:21pm
nauti84, I got mine from mid-west CC they use a shop next door, they are not exactly as the factory maded them as far as the design is concerned but the size is an exact fit. You can buy them by the piece or all together and be sure to get the foam as well becuse it is tapered and hard to duplicate. Tell dennis the color of your boat and they will send you samples of the fabric and colors to choose from.
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2004 at 8:03pm
Hi,

I just got off the phone with Mid-west CC and they quoted me $1800 to do the interior. They also said that they do not have the foam, that is for only the vinyl. Does anybody know where to get the foam parts?

Thanks.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2004 at 9:47pm
Check thew yellow pages or internet. Its really easy to find Make sure you wrap it in a plastic bag before covering it with the skin or it will soak up water.
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2004 at 5:23pm
Will be redoing my 79 over the winter any suggestions on what sort of material I should use. I am having a fmaily friend sew the covers for my with her heavy sewing machine.
1979 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic