NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 Cuddy Nautique??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 Cuddy Nautique??
    Posted: April-06-2007 at 1:50pm
Did you guys see that in the for sale section?
It looks more like a John Allmand to me. I don't think that is a Correct Craft. What do you guys think? Scott
Scott
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 1:57pm
I don't know, but if it is a CC, I'm thinking it's much older than an 89. Take a look a the 78 brochure. It kind of looks like the 24 foot San Juan with the hardtop. BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 2:25pm
It could be a San Juan, but not a 78. I still think it's an Allmand, but not 100%. $2300 isn't bad for that boat and trailer. Someone should jump on that one!
Scott
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 3:22pm
Ok guys, fill me in on John Allmand.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 3:58pm
A Florida Co. out of buisness now. They built a very solid, heavy, well built boat.
Scott
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 4:11pm
That is not a Correct Craft Cuddy. I do not believe that it is a Correct Craft at all. Looks like it is an I/O with the water line running heavy in the aft portion?
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 4:11pm
I think he posted the wrong picture. Check Craigslist in Orlando...there is a 1989 Cuddy Nautique for sale for $2300 and the picture on there matches. It's for sale by a "Lee" which means both ads have the same year, same boat, same name of seller, same price, and one has a picture of a real "project" looking Cuddy Nautique. Might contact him and see if that's the case.

Here's the ad I'm referring to: http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/305268590.html

As for the boat pictured on this sight...could be an allmand. They were built in a few different configurations, but that boat almost seems bigger than the 23/24 allman...could just be the picture.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 5:23pm
It could also be a "Sea nautique" I know they made a 27ft but they may have made a 24!!
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 6:20pm
Redneck, That's a "project" boat!? It better have one hell of a good trailer for $2300.00.
Scott
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 6:37pm
MM,
The Sea Nautique looks more like a Fish Nautique with a pilot house.

Sea Nautique

Anyway, that Cuddy does look like a project. My real question is if you wanted a cuddy cabin on your boat, aren't there some better I/O options out there? Is there any benefit to having an inboard for that purpose?

-JMurph
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 9:43pm
This is a 1985 Sea Nautique 27! the boat you linked to was a fish nautique with a pilot house.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 9:59pm
Mark, That looks pretty close to that boat add in the for sale section, but not exact. I still think it is an Allmand, which I would love to have one. And you and John are living in the area where they can be found. My dumb ass had one and sold it before I really knew much about them. Of course I'd love to have a Donzi too. Just takes money and a place to keep them. I just keep dreaming
Scott
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 10:06pm
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 10:13pm
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 10:31pm
I don't know why we're talking about Sea Nautiques, but they made two of them...the one you've got pictured above and one that was a pilot house Fish Nautique.

Yeah, I agree about that the $2300 boat better have a helluva trailer, looks right nappy.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 10:53pm
Oops. I meant what Mark said. That Fish Nautique with the pilot house does say Sea Nautique on the side of it. I remembered that thread and assumed that was what they all looked like.

-JMurph
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2007 at 12:17am
jmurph...sorry about that, we were both right, or wrong, in 83 the boat you posted was called a sea nautique, and in 85 they put that name on the bigger one!
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2007 at 10:06am
JMurph, having an inboard in 23' cuddy is mostly for the same reasons as we love our inboard ski boats. Can't beat the reliability, smoothness of shifting and control under power. Only disadvantage is docking. Try and run an I/O at 12 MPH in rough seas, can't see over the bow. I can run at any speed at a fairly level keel with my cuddy and I don't have trim tabs.

I have owned a larger boat with an I/O, don't want another one. I could not keep it on a plane under 17 MPH and that is with the trim tabs and outdrive all the way down,sounded like it would blow up let along the bad fuel economy, there are lots of times that I would not want to cruise that fast in rough water. Just my $.02
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic