NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Name this boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name this boat
    Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:07am
While digging through old pics looking for the Martinique, I came across these. I'm not sure whose boat this was, as I don't remember ever seeing it, but I figured you guys would enjoy trying to figure it out. In the original pics I have you can somewhat make out what it says on the side. I googled it, and I think I know what it is, but I'll let you guys guess for a couple days. We have to give BKH a shot when he gets back.

I have one more shot, but you can see the make. I'll post that later.

Rob
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:17am
It's an Elite Craft

Look at the rudder position indicator on th esteering bezel, is that cool or what
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:17am
eleite craft
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:19am
does spelling count
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 11:53am
haha yes!
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 11:58am
Whatever it is, it's very cool !!!
Moj'
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 9:22pm
my guess is 81 and MM are correct.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:16pm
What do I win???
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:41pm
It certainly looks like an Elite Craft. I have never seen one like that before. The Elite Crafts are Fibergla$$ boats, but most are made to look like cla$$ic Mahogony boats from the 50s. There is one in our community. This boat has the look of Mahogony inlays, but shows more white fibergla$$ than the ECs I've seen. Nice find on the photo. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 9:43am
It says what it is right on the plate on the dash.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

Yep, I cheated,, do I still get a prize?

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

And the bow flag.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 10:30am
lol missed the bow flag.
1978 Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 11:34am
I'll tell you what that boat is beautiful
"the things you own will start to own you"
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 12:37pm
I noticed it said that on the dash after I posted it. Here's one more pic. I found a whole bunch (20 or so) of pics of that boat. I don't remember ever seeing it before. I've never heard of an "Elite Craft", but it's definitely sharp.

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 2:39pm
It was made in Forest city FL in the mid 80s.I think it was one of the first boats that was made of all fibergla$$ (no wood) it was vary heavy and slow. It was a high doller boat$$$$$
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 3:09pm
Is the wood on the sides and bow real or simulated?
1978 Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

It was made in Forest city FL in the mid 80s.I think it was one of the first boats that was made of all fibergla$$ (no wood) it was vary heavy and slow. It was a high doller boat$$$$$
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 3:29pm
I like how the transom is vent, and rail free. Nice access to the platform. Clean..

Moj'
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 4:17pm
and no lift rings on the deck
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 4:28pm

and no lift rings on the deck

Exactly... Gives some ideas on a resto-mod job for my 76' SN. The damn boat has both a stair rail and rope guide over the top, two vents, light socket and gas filler.. I about kill myself jumping over all that crap... It would be nice to just sit back on there...

Moj'
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 4:37pm
my buddy has a 76 he took the rope bar off his, they do look cool with all that crap on there, thats old school style...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 4:59pm

my buddy has a 76 he took the rope bar off his, they do look cool with all that crap on there, thats old school style...

True, I think the rope bar and stair are "toast" though...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

True, I think the rope bar and stair are "toast" though...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2006 at 10:14am
Pica$$o, the lines on it are perfect
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic