NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does boat length include the swim deck?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does boat length include the swim deck?
    Posted: July-17-2023 at 8:12am
I'm getting a garage cleaned out so I can store my boat at my lake house. It is an 88 2001. Google says the boat length is 18.75 feet, but does that incluide the swim deck? I've got around 25' of garage but I have to account for the trailer tongue too. The deck sticks out about 2 feet, yes?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2023 at 9:30am
Length is without the platform

Click on the link below for an old thread about garage space and 80's 2001 models

Your questions should be answered Wink

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2023 at 11:14am
A 2001 hull should fit in a true 25 foot garage…unless the trailer is unusually long.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2023 at 7:35am

When my wife and I were in the market for a new home twenty plus years ago, there were a couple of items we were looking for. One for me was measuring how deep the garage is for our boat. I didn’t want to modified the trailer tongue to a swing away tongue. We were fortune enough to purchase a home with a 30 foot deep garage. Plenty of room to work around the boat when needed with the swim platform on.

359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2023 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

A 2001 hull should fit in a true 25 foot garage…unless the trailer is unusually long.

JQ
I don't have the original trailer, this one has a folding tongue. I'll take some measurements tonight, but it's looking like I can fit my boat without having to move the cabinets at the far end of my garage.
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2023 at 7:51am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Length is without the platform

Click on the link below for an old thread about garage space and 80's 2001 models

Your questions should be answered Wink

Thanks for the link, that was a helpful read. I have a folding tongue, so I may be able to fit it and leave the cabinets at the far end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic