NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The elephant in the room

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2023 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Today's phone practice

Well ol' Stubby still shows up in my post from yesterday at 8:09 AM whether I look at it on a phone or laptop . It's 4 posts before Jodi posted this morning

It doesn't show up on my wife's laptop or a desktop PC we have though

Here it is again quoted from yesterday.

I figure it's something I screwed up in some setting Wink

Time to go surf around IMGBB

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2023 at 1:55pm
I was going to post the snap chat logo from my phone, as a joke, but, well, you know…..
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2023 at 4:21pm
I think i found what I screwed up, unscrewed it and ol' stubby shows up yesterday in the 8:09AM post and again today. Wink

And any other pictures that might have been missing in this thread should be back.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2023 at 4:55pm
More phone practice

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2023 at 8:00pm
CCF never seemed to be at the forefront of forum technology. Nobody is saying it should be either. The last 20 years have been fun, resourceful and forged lifelong bonds amongst its members. Again, nobody is doubting that. Just because someone is looking toward the future doesn’t mean he needs to get *************** on. Thanks to those who have made the site what it was and is, and to those making an attempt at keeping it going.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 10:25am
Well, I think I've decided that it's pretty easy to post a picture here on CCF without using the site process which doesn't work anyways right now.

There are probably a variety of ways that people use, but what works for me is using a third party photo hosting service (in my case IMGBB, the free version)

Once you figure out the IMGBB upload process which is easy, then you basically do a cut and paste from IMGBB right to a dialog box here on CCF, like I'm typing in right now. You select BB code full in the embed codes portion of the picture and click on copy, go to CCF and paste it.

Far from the best explanation, but if I can do it, you can too 

It bypasses the CCF photo posting process completely and it's easier besides

I suppose it could turn into a Photobucket money fiasco all over again...........or not

And..............it works with a phone  didn't want anybody to miss that part Wink

Maybe this is the new normal here on CCF or the old normal for some people that have posted pictures here for years

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 10:33am
And for Jodi...........I really don't remember why I shortened the ratchet. but since it has a spark plug socket on it, that's one thing that it gets used for

It gets plenty of use though on lots of different things.

MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

CCF never seemed to be at the forefront of forum technology. Nobody is saying it should be either. The last 20 years have been fun, resourceful and forged lifelong bonds amongst its members. Again, nobody is doubting that. Just because someone is looking toward the future doesn’t mean he needs to get *************** on. Thanks to those who have made the site what it was and is, and to those making an attempt at keeping it going.

Is that very faint strains of TAPS in the background....
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2023 at 6:15pm
About the shortened ratchet. Anyone that does their own wrenching has their own stash of customized tools that only they know what it is used for. Not to be morbid but when I end up puking out of here , the tool cleanup person will probably shake their head and say " WTF did he use that for ".
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2023 at 6:47am
Well, after talking with the elephant, he figures that he did what he could and the rest is up to someone else.

He said he was getting a little lonely and he spotted a cute female elephant going by, struck up a conversation with her, one thing led to another and last I knew they were working on making little baby elephants together. Wink

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2023 at 9:37am
Ken--Please translate this story into a less secret code of english! Wink  Especially for those of us in the back that don't hear so well.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2023 at 12:16pm
Been lurking on this thread for a while but now I'm really confused......Baby Elephants? Sounds like a new show ski act to me....

I will say - the lack of convenience posting/uploading etc seems to have kept some of the riff raff over on the more common platforms.  It's painful to read some of the posts/comments over there by folks who are unwilling to do a little research on their own.  Don't even get me started on the lack of quality information.  Site traffic might be down, but I don't mind losing some of the redundant questions, posts & comments.  
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2023 at 5:58am
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Ken--Please translate this story into a less secret code of english! Wink .

Thanks Bill....Glad it's not just me! Maybe Ken is a Lawyer?? They all speak a language that nobody understands except fellow lawyers.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2023 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Ken--Please translate this story into a less secret code of english! Wink .

Thanks Bill....Glad it's not just me! Maybe Ken is a Lawyer?? They all speak a language that nobody understands except fellow lawyers.

Well, let's try this.................the site has a picture posting issue, it's been pointed out, 7 weeks later it seems nothing's been done or communicated about it from Keith and he's the only one who can do anything about it.

You're  on your own when it comes to posting pictures here these days using a 3rd party photo hosting service or whatever else might work for you.

Any of the other issues mentioned in the thread were brought up by other people. (You can figure out how to solve those yourself)

And the elephant....................he stirred up some interest, but he'd rather be out getting laid right about now, I could probably post pictures of that but you can find those with a Google search Wink

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2023 at 2:04pm
Fair enough Ken.  I thought you were headed in a different direction with the coded message.  Thanks for the code break!

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2023 at 5:47pm
After talking to my cousin Vinny, he explained to me what he thought you might have been thinking about what I might have been inferring in my statement that  might have mislead somebody reading the statement into thinking that I meant something that I really didn't mean at all...............I should have just said it's up to Keith

That was my attempt at some "lawyer speak" for Morfoot     Wink

Vinny did win a case once.................back when CC still had wooden stringers

andrewmarani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2023 at 10:27pm
Don't know if this is driving anyone crazy or showing up at all but just in case: i've been trying various picture uploads and deleting the posts that fail, which is currently all of them...
Builder
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 5:54am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

That was my attempt at some "lawyer speak" for Morfoot     Wink

Vinny did win a case once.................back when CC still had wooden stringers

Now you're talking. Thanks KENO

"Well my father was a mechanic. His father was a mechanic. My mother's father was a mechanic. My three brothers are mechanics. Four uncles on my father's side are mechanics!"...Ms Vito

I've been to the Sac-O-Suds still in business. I've achieved greatness! Tongue
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 10:10am
Originally posted by andrewmarani andrewmarani wrote:

Don't know if this is driving anyone crazy or showing up at all but just in case: i've been trying various picture uploads and deleting the posts that fail, which is currently all of them...

It takes an act of congress to post pictures for most people.  Others are much more savvy than I and can do it easily it seems.  I hope Keno is writing his thesis on this topic and will share it soon!Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 10:41am
I saw what Keno was doing and looks pretty simple.  I, not liking simple, decided to take the road less traveled and have ended up in a swamp!
Builder
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 10:58am
Since Ken has opted to not give us the steps using imgbb, i explored it myself.  Sadly, I was not as lucky as him in stumbling across the secret method.  I went to imgbb and uploaded a photo. (interesting, unlike that AWFUL photobucket site, you dont need an account, you can just upload a photo, I guess it disappears once you are done with it.  There does appear to be a register option so I guess you can store and go back to photos as well, but I didnt mess with that.  As Ken said, you can simply click on/copy the URL of the photo, easy enough so far, but getting it to show up in a post here is the trick.  I tried the various BB codes.  One did not result in the image showing up, just a image icon, and one resulted in a link back to the photo in imgbb.  That is too cumbersome.  So Ken, any tips on how to plant the image url into a post so that is displays as an image?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 11:06am
Well, maybe I wasn't that far off.  I did manage to create a post but I also ended up with an image Icon but no actual image.  I was working from Google Pictures and a separate site that created a link to allow you to upload pictures from Google Pictures to a forum.  Slightly more cumbersome than IMGBB but no restrictions, which made it seem like a good idea, except it didn't work.
Builder
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 11:17am
Originally posted by andrewmarani andrewmarani wrote:

which made it seem like a good idea, except it didn't work.

Story of my life  LOL
Tomrupp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomrupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 12:04pm
It’s been one of my favorite threads. Thanks Ken. I tried to chime in with a picture, but can’t crack the code.
Tom
94 Ski Nautique Open Bow 351 with Carb
95 Double Decker Aqua Patio with 50hp Honda (3 carbs).
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 12:47pm

I just posted this image of Jethro from my phone. I'll try to explain how I did it soon.

I did notice that Rule 91 has a slight lean to the right.

The lean was cured a few seconds later though in the explosion Wink

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Since Ken has opted to not give us the steps using imgbb, i explored it myself.  Sadly, I was not as lucky as him in stumbling across the secret method.  I went to imgbb and uploaded a photo. (interesting, unlike that AWFUL photobucket site, you dont need an account, you can just upload a photo, I guess it disappears once you are done with it.  There does appear to be a register option so I guess you can store and go back to photos as well, but I didnt mess with that.  As Ken said, you can simply click on/copy the URL of the photo, easy enough so far, but getting it to show up in a post here is the trick.  I tried the various BB codes.  One did not result in the image showing up, just a image icon, and one resulted in a link back to the photo in imgbb.  That is too cumbersome.  So Ken, any tips on how to plant the image url into a post so that is displays as an image?

I registered for the Free account.so my photos are saved. Earlier in this thread when some of my pictures disappeared it was because I deleted them from IMGBB and had to upload them again to put them back on CCF. IMGBB didn't create the pronlem..........I did it all by myself Wink

Use the BBCode full  option

When you paste the BBCode full into the message box here on CCF, the code shows up when you kinda think there should be a picture showing up.

Next step, mutter a few things, scratch your head and then hit the  "preview" option and the picture is there.

Smile and then hit "post reply" and the picture is on CCF

You can probably skip the preview and just hit post reply and the picture gets posted, but I always hit preview before posting 

No guarantees but that's what works for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 2:50pm

So that's what I get here with Google Photos using my convoluted method.  I tried the same operation on a different forum and the picture went up just fine so it's an issue here, not with the method.  

I was trying to dodge IMGBB because there are limits to the amount of data you can keep there without ponying up cash and some other minimum stuff but looks like that's the way to go.  Or one way that we know works anyway.
Builder
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 3:12pm
Still not quite sure what you mean by the "BB Full Code Option"  the [img} thing doesnt work and the [url] thing doesnt work.  Can you post what your entered url/bb code entry looks like?  Interesting that if the image is gone from imgbb it is gone from here, meaning it is not copying the photo to here, but rather posting a link.  Come to think if it, I guess thats the way photobucket worked to, just never occurred to me that was the case.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 3:28pm

I don't know if this screenshot helps Larry, this is on my laptop since I just learned how to do a screenshot and find it afterwards so I could post it here Wink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2023 at 3:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic