Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windshield on 83 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bam2020 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bam2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windshield on 83 Nautique
    Posted: March-25-2021 at 2:14pm
Hey there I'm looking for a Windshield for my 83 nautique.

Honestly just needing to replace the main glass on the windshield. The sides are fine. Went to a local glass shop but they said they couldn't do it because of the curve in the glass.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, or if anybody is looking to sell a whole windshield please let me know.

Thank you so much!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2021 at 4:41pm
Tell them that the glass isn’t curved- it’s flat.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Tell them that the glass isn’t curved- it’s flat.

Correct. They don't know glass. Go to another shop. As Tim mentioned, the glass is flat. It's cut to size tempered and then the frame puts the curve in it. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
chuckactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2021 at 6:20pm
Not sure if they are the same size but I have the template and the jpeg file I sent to the glass company from my 85 SN.  Find a company that makes custom shower enclosure glass.  Keep calling till you find someone that can cut a piece of glass from a CAD file and temper it in house.  Will save you money on templating and fees.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2021 at 7:13am
I have a complete windshield for a 1980 SN . I don't know if it will fit or how you would get it to WI?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2021 at 8:38am
Why would you want it to get to Wisconsin Mike? 😉
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2021 at 9:34am
80 and 83 windshields are different widths if I am not mistaken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic