NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl decals for SN Stern Lettering

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2004 at 1:28pm
Jameski, another option you have is unbolt the ladder hardware apply the decal and re-attach the hardware over the top of the decal. You'll cover up a small section of one or two letters but I would think it would look fine, just a thought.
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2004 at 1:40pm
I think if Kieth's graphics guy gets the CAD layout done, he can probably reproduce it at any size. If so, I might have him cut one for me that is ~15% smaller than the original. I think that would look fine.

Kieth, if it helps us get a volume discount, count me in and I can work out the details of mine with the graphics shop.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2004 at 1:52pm
I'm still working on price with two different shops. Thanks to 79nautique's detailed measurments, there will be no problem repoducing an exact decal.

A shop local to me will do it for $35 per decal (plus shipping) for four decals, if we use colors he has is stock. If we go with this option I will need color samples before we order to make sure his in-stock colors will work.

Ron's shop is smaller and they aren't as quick to respond to voice-mail or e-mail. They quoted me $43 per decal (plus shipping) and mentioned no restriction on color.

I'll go with Ron's shop if I can confirm custom colors are okay and will try to get a 4 decal price discount. Whomever we use, I will ask about a 15% reduced graphic for jameski.

I'll probably order this sometime next week. It may be just as easy for you guys to mail your checks and color samples directly to the shop - I will let you know.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2004 at 2:57pm
Good work Keith keep us posted.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2004 at 12:24pm
Keith any update on the decals???????
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2004 at 7:39pm
Well, Ron's place is non-responsive so I'm going with a shop local to me.

They can do the stern "Correct Craft Competition Ski Boat" decal for $45 each plus shipping if we use in-stock colors and order them all together. If you need a custom color, it starts at $90.

This will be difficult to do over the Internet but the in-stock colors are:

Arlon - 8 yr. durability Gloss Vinyl
Lemon Yellow - 105
Bright Orange - 83
Peacock Red - 223
Red - 01
Medium Blue Metallic - 37
Blue - 05
Gold Metallic - 04
Kelly Green - 61
Dove Gray - 28
Graphite -80
Medium Gray - 50
Sliver Metallic - 07
Smoke Metallic - 21

Arlon - 5 yr. durability Gloss
Teal -171

Avery - 7 yr. durability Reflective
Black Reflective - A7805-R
White Reflective - A7801-R
Red Reflective - A7818-R

Avery 7 yr. durability Metallic
Pewter - A7704-M
Charcoal - A7705-M
Gunmetal - A7706-M
Medium Charcoal - A7708-M
Dark Charcoal - A7709-M

I will scan the colors and post them, although they won't be accurate as the colors will be subject to my scanner and your monitor.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2004 at 7:39pm
Here are what the in-stock colors look like:

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2004 at 7:49pm
Keith, YOU DA MAN

I'll take the Blue-05 it looks to be closest to what I have.

Who and where do the checks go to?

Is there a way that the graphics guy could print it in ink or something else beside vinyle first, to varify the layout and letter style incase it needs a little tweeking?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2004 at 3:04pm
Great - thanks for the follow-up 79nautique. You can send the checks to me. I'll e-mail you my address.

I will check if we can get a sample before hand.

Everyone else, please confirm you would still like a Stern Decal and indicate your color selection from the scans above.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2004 at 8:54pm
1st choice highperformance vinyl film#03
2nd choice3mil gloss calendered #103
keith e-mail amount and snail mail address.
thanks for doing this for us.
kenny g
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2004 at 12:53pm
Kenny G,
If #03 or #103 are over $90, whould you like Avery Black Reflective A7805-R which would be $45?

I will e-mail you my address.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2004 at 11:24am
Keith

I haven't seen your e-mail with the address. Have you sent it out yet?
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2004 at 12:19pm
keith i know i posted my response to your question,but i cant find it on the forum anywere. so yes avery black reflective A7805-R would be ok.i also know i had your address at 1 time.cant find that either.
alzheimers or sometimers,i'll need it again !
kenny g
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2004 at 7:52pm
Everyone,
The stern decals are $55 (including shipping direct from the graphics shop). Please send checks and remind me what color you selected (from the in-stock colors). If anyone needs my address, e-mail me at Keith@CorrectCraftFan.com.

I will place the order once I have all the checks.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2004 at 1:46pm
I've only received Kenny G's check so far. 79Nautique, yellowdog, 64Skier let me know if you need me to resend my address. I will place the order as soon as I have everyone's check.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2004 at 4:11pm
Keith, I sent mine today.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2004 at 11:36am
Keith,

Along with my check I sent a sample of the paint I used for the side graphics. If one of the stock colors doesn't match very well let me know and I'll send you or the shop making them the additional $45 for a costum color that will match.
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2004 at 7:12pm
Keith,

I responded to your private email by saying that I had to back out since the wife wants to have the interior re-done this winter and I have no idea what colors will 'compliment' the new interior.

She drives me nuts, but then again, she puts up with me. . . .

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2004 at 4:05pm
Keith
     Did you recieve my check and color sample?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2004 at 1:09pm
79nautique,
I'm vacation this week in Yosemite. I will let you know when I return home.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2004 at 5:09pm
79Nautique,
Yes, I did receive you check and sample. I hope to place the order on Wed.

I will let you know about the color.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2004 at 7:54pm
Keith,

Thanks, I'll wire more cash if needed, let me know Wed. evening.

chris,
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2004 at 2:33pm
79nautique,
I sent you an e-mail as well ...

The in-stock colors did not match your sample. We did find an exact match however (32 Azure Blue). It will be an extra $45 for the non in-stock color .

I have placed the order, pending your okay. I'll pay the differnece upfront once you confirm this is what you'd like to do and you can send me a check.

I received the first proof this morning and had some minor changes. I will post the second proof as soon as I receive it.

Kenny G,
They did have Black Gloss in-stock so you'll be getting that color.

FYI - I ordered metalic gold (close to interior color) as they did not have chocolate brown (carpet color) in stock.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2004 at 3:07pm
Thank's Keith

move forward with the 32 azure blue and I'll send another check for $45
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 10:50am
Hi,

I am new to the site and new to owning a SN. In fact, I have not received the 86 2001 that I just bought. Anyway, The boat is in need of some work, and in anticipation of receiving the boat, I have been looking around for stuff I might need for it. I'm pretty sure it will need new decals. Would it be possible for me to jump in on this deal? Let me know.

Thanks,
Keith
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 12:36pm
you could try to e-mail keith [web master] but what we are ordering is the stern letters only.   CORRECT CRAFT
    COMPETITION SKI BOAT
for the 86 sn 2001 i don't know if they were painted on or decals on the sides .check with cc on that one.
kenny g
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by new86owner new86owner wrote:

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it will need new decals. Would it be possible for me to jump in on this deal? Let me know.

Thanks,
Keith

Keith,
As Kenny G explained, if you are in need of ther stern lettering that reads, "CORRECT CRAFT {new line} COMPETITION SKI BOAT" - sure. The cost is $55 if you select from the 'in-stock' colors. Custom colors go up to $110. You will find the in-stock colors earlier in this posted discussion (page 2 I believe). If you'd like to order the stern lettering, send me an e-mail with your selected color and I'll send you the mailing address for the check.

If you're looking for the lettering on the side that reads, "SKI NAUTIQUE" that's a different story. My graphics guy has done it before and may still have the file. I have no idea what the cost would be. I can look into it if you like, let me know.

Thanks,
Keith
Keith@CorrectCraftFan.com
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 3:49pm
Thanks for the info, I will let you know once I receive shipment of the boat. Will it still be only $55 if I order it later, or will I have to pay a setup fee?

Thanks,
Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2004 at 1:30am
Here's the final proof - exact to 79nautique's measurments. It looks great to me but since my boat does not already have this lettering ... 79nautique (and/or anyone else), can you proof it for me?

Thanks,
Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2004 at 11:45am
Keith can you e-mail me the file so I can print it out full size and compare it. It looks real close but we may have to tweek correct craft a little.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic