Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

302 Water Pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KevinH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 302 Water Pump
    Posted: April-03-2015 at 10:21am
Hey guys, thanks for the help in my other forum. I have another issue and cant seem to find this pump anywhere. Can anybody help me or should I go to an electronic pump? Here are some pics of what happened. The pump locked up and did this.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 11:29am
Well now you've gone and done it-- you will need to find out what went wrong in the pump,if it can be saved you have your work cut out for you. Is the key way on the pumps shaft undamaged? I had the pump end drive,your 1 pic, go bad. I took a Lovejoy coupler and had a machine shop work it over to fit. Crank end might be able to have the same made too but would take some more engineering. There is a rubber "spider" that is supposed to be in between those too,it's not metal to metal. Holman Moody parts are almost unobtainable,along with Jabsco parts. I can get you a picture of mine in about a week if you need to see what I did . Let's see some other pictures of the motor and the boat.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KevinH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 11:59am
Thanks Gary, I will get some more pics. It looks like the impeller came apart. The shaft spins freely I found another impeller and that part is fine. I have a feeling im gonna have to have some one make these parts for me. The boat starts and runs fine now that i got the electrical figured out. This is the next hurdle in this build!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 1:39pm
Kevin here are a couple of the pictures I have with me-

This is a LoveJoy coupler and it's spider,I was able to pick one up
at my local farm store. I used a steel one.

Here is my original,it's keyway and the shafts keyway were damaged.
At the time I was still able to get the pump parts but now I think
they would be tough to get.

Here it is with the new coupler now days

I will be able to get you some more pictures if you need them
next week,it is off the engine at this time
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 7:39pm
Kevin,
"Lovejoy" type couplings don't blow the fingers off the halves overnight when the rubber spider goes. You've been running the engine for some time without the spider. BTW, I doubt it was the impeller that locked up the pump.

You mention an "electronic" pump. Do you mean an electrically driven pump? Why???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic