NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WANTED: CORRECT CRAFT script emblems..

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WANTED: CORRECT CRAFT script emblems..
    Posted: May-02-2004 at 10:56pm
NEEDED DESPERATELY.......the two black and white script CORRECT CRAFT logo emblems for the right and left side of my 1979 Ski Nautique!!!!!! these are the same for many previous years, just not after 1979. PLEASE HELP ME, i will take one or two, name your price!!!!!!! pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
or...... (980)581-0006 in NC.
JrCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2004 at 3:08pm
I have one on my 69 Barracuda that the owners before me put on in place of the chrome emblem they lost. If you have a chrome emblem I will swap with you.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2004 at 3:45pm
You can buy the plastic emblems from mid-west correct craft. In '79 they where cast and chrome plated not plastic from the factory.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2004 at 10:31pm
"You can buy the plastic emblems from mid-west correct craft. In '79 they where cast and chrome plated not plastic from the factory."

This is NOT correct. In 1979 the script logos on the left and right side of the hull at the rear was white and black plastic, riveted on and broken often!!!!! I am definately looking for the white and black plastic ones, either one or two!!!!!!
cisom View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2004 at 4:15pm
I have one white and black plastic "Correct Craft" badge from a '75 Soutwind 20. It's not perfect, but it's not broken anywhere. In my opinion its pretty brittle. I replaced mine with vinyl decals made up to match the badge. I know its not 100% resto, but it looks good. Anyway, what'll you give me for it?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2004 at 2:19am
I am EXTREMELY interested CISOM.......please email be directly. pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
I am going to be away from my computer until tomorrow morning, but if you email me i will email you back in the morning. I need these emblems, any way i can get them, one at a time or 10 at a time! Thanks and please email me.

paul
rick44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2004 at 2:25pm
address and/or telephone # for Mid West Correctcraft?
Rick
rick
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2004 at 2:57pm
nautiquefanatic Wrote

"This is NOT correct. In 1979 the script logos on the left and right side of the hull at the rear was white and black plastic, riveted on and broken often!!!!! I am definately looking for the white and black plastic ones, either one or two!!!!!! "

I would suggest you refer to the 1979 sales broucher in the referance section because you are full of it.

You can not get the metel chrome plated script correct craft emblems any more, unless your lucky on ebay, but you can get the plastic one's all day long from most any C.C. dealer

Mid-West Correct Craft
P.O. box 216
Angola, IN 46703

260-833-2226
ext 41 is for parts ask for dennis Eyster.

If anyone has any of the orignal metal script
CorrectCraft emblems let me know. I would rather have them than the non-orginal plastic ones that I haven't installed.
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 12:04am
Hey '79,

I'm confused! Were yours originally metal? The '78's are an injection molded plastic with some fake chrome coloring that everybody used back then. I am positive that these are the original as one still bears the marks of the sister-in-laws first docking attempt when the boat was 2 days old.

Then again, maybe she had more than one 'docking experience' and had them both replaced. I'll have to check.

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 1:00am
Hey 79nautique, i will not stoop to your level and say anything i might regret! we have owned MANY of the late 70's Nautiques and Ski Tiques and NEVER, i say NEVER have they had, or came from the factory with a metal CORRECT CRAFT script emblem on the right and left side of the boat (rear). THEY ARE WHITE PLASTIC WITH BLACK LETTERS, UP UNTIL 1980. i don't care what your brochure says, paper will lay still for anything, i am talking about what came on the boats.....period.

79nautique, i am not saying YOUR boat doesn't have the "metal" script emblems, and it might have been factory, but the rest of the planet probably has white plastic ones with black letters. and that is what i am looking for.

Please, someone else help 79nautique out and explain to him what MOST late 70's nautiques had.......

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 12:16pm
When I bought my boat, which was used, they had metal script emblems on both sides one was broke and one wasn't. I talked with Dennis at Mid-west correct craft and he also said that they came with metal and you could no longer get then. There are two other 1979 Ski Nautique's and a 1975 on my lake and they all have metal script emblems.

If you look at the referance section on this website look at all the 70's brouchers and look at the '79 one then select ski nautique (1) and you will see a close up of the emblem I'm discriping which has no outline then go look at the 1980 broucher and you will see the the emblem is changed and is now outlined and much wider. I guess the metal script must be a regional item only because ever older correct craft I've ever seen in Indiana has metal script lettering on the sides and it looks exactly like the pictures on this site.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 12:26pm
Also If you look at the diaries section for 76-80 and look at the 1977 and 1978 light blue american skier models you will see the metal script letters, ever other boat in this section has plastic emblems from the 1980's.
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 1:40pm
I've been reading this topic with interest for several days and wanted to see where it went. I have owned a '74 Ski Nautique, a '74 Mustang 17, a '92 Ski Nautique and currently a '79 Ski Nautique. My twin brother has owned a '79 Ski Tique, a '79 Ski Nautique, and a '92 Ski Nautique. I know that all of the boats we have owned that were made in the mid to late seventies had white plastic emblems with black letters. I had to replace the emblems on my current '79 with the newer sytle (80 and up) black plastic with chrome letters since the original emblems were broken. You can still get the black plastic with chrome letters from Correct Craft. I would like to have some of the white emblems with black letters, but I have also been told that they are no longer being produced. I will have to agree with nautiquefanatic on this topic. I have looked a many mid to late seventies Correct Crafts and all of them that I have looked at had the white emblems with black letters (Most were broken however). I have also looked at the '79 brochure and the boats in the diary section from '76-80 as 79nautique recommended and the brochure and all of the boats that you can see the emblems on appear to have white plastic with black letters. I can say with certainty that the '79 Ski Nautique in the brochure has plastic emblems. Well thats my 2 cents worth. If anyone has any of the white emblems with black letters I would like to have buy a pair them.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 2:41pm
I guess I'll have to take some close-up pictures this week-end while I'm out. I guess there are a limit few with the metal script lettering. There are only two in the diary section with metal emblems all the others are plastic version of the black and chrome or white and chrome. I guess if someone is an orignal owner of a 70's model they could shed some lite. Look at all the pictures in the refernce section and diaries section and you can see all three styles in the diaries but you will only see the metal style in the factory brouchers look closely at the width of the lettering and compare the 1980 with the wide lettering to the 1979 width the narrow letter. The earlier 70's brouchers do not show a close up shot like the 1979 does.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2004 at 9:54pm
THANK YOU Kevin's '79 !!!!!!! i was beginning to need some back up!

79nautique.....i am not disputing what you may or may not have. but i am disagreeing with what you are saying came on the boats. all the boats you see in "diaries" from the late 70's that YOU think have chrome and black letters,,,,,,,,,,you may be right!!! BUT, they have REPLACED what came on them, which was WHITE with BLACK letters. the scripts you can still buy are plastic, chrome color and black letters.....i have one of those on my refrigerator! they are a dime a dozen.

Again, WANTED, two, or even ONE white with black letters Script CORRECT CRAFT logo emblem for the sides of late 70's Nautique!!!!!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2004 at 12:39pm
There are only two in the diary section that have the metal script emblems, all the others are plastic either the white and black or the new black and chrome.

Well hopefully someone will have the white ones you are looking for, good luck How close are the newer black and chrome script to the white and black? could you sand off the chrome and repaint to match what you have?
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2004 at 11:35am
For what it's worth. I checked with the sister-in-law.

Our '78 has been owned by either my wife or her sister since the day it was pulled out of the lot at Midwest Correct Craft over on Orland Road, so we know its complete history.

The stern quarter emblems were the white/black type as described above. She had them replaced with the black plastic with chrome colored letters about 10 years ago. Seems as though she managed to put the same 'beauty mark' on the new set. . . . .
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2004 at 10:52pm
THANK YOU yellowdog for the "support". if your family still have the broken white and black emblems, i would even be interested in them!!!! sounds crazy, but if i can put at least one together, maybe i can get a DUPLICATE made, in white and black plastic!!! that would be worth its weight in gold!! let me know. thanks....
paul
pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 11:59am
Still needing these script emblems!!!!!! the white and black ones. either one or two, broken or not broken!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 4:32pm
TTT
Wino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 5:29pm
nautiquefanatic a little more back-up for ya! These are on my '79 Southwind, believed to be original and are definitely plastic.

As you can see I'm also in need of one, so let me know if you are able to locate any.
Thanks
TP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 10:59am
thanks Wino!!!!!!!! those are definately the original ones! thanks for the backup!

pc
cisom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2004 at 2:52pm
Nautiquefanatic and wino,

The badges you are showing are similar but different than the ones on my '75 Southwind, so there have definitely been several tools over the years. I think I spoke with Bruce? at Midwest Correct Craft and he said the white plastic were no longer available.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 8:39pm
STILL NEEDING!!!!!!!

paul

980-581-0006

or    pcarpenter2@carolina.rr.com
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2004 at 12:38am
Just heard about a guy in Indianapolis that parts out old boats. (mostly ski boats and woodies) Supposedly has all sorts of 'rare' stuff. As soon as I found out more, I'll post the info.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2004 at 11:53am
yellowdog, are you talking about indy boat salvage ? if so,they do have a lot of old boats on the lot,maybe 75-100 and 2 barns full of parts.not 1 cc on the lot or any inboard for that matter,but i'll post the # anyway.317-786-4088
kenny g
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2004 at 8:56pm
kenny g, I sure hope this isn't the same guy. I was getting my hopes up that I might find some goodies! Ain't that the way things go? Think ya gotta gold mine and it turns out to be iron pyrite! Oh well.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2004 at 9:57pm
indy boat salvage,3130 madison ave
465 south turns into 465 west.exit 2-A off the loop.there could be another salvage yard in that area.if you find 1 let us know.
kenny g
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2004 at 4:52pm
According to the directions I was given, that's the place. Darn it anyway. I get down that way often enough I just might swing by and see what they have. Thanks for the info.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2004 at 10:49pm
HELP!!!!!! still needing TWO white and black script emblems, but i will buy one at a time if i can find them!!!!!!!

paul   (980) 581-0006

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic