NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang question
    Posted: July-18-2013 at 1:31pm
Hey folks, I'm out here in Chatham and just for grins I stopped by and took a quick look at the '68 yellow Mustang that's been on and off CL a few times...

With that said, it's likely a boat that is for sale, but not "really for sale" as the owner wants too much money...

However, the boat appears to be in beautiful shape. It's stored in doors, and it's on a trailer. However, I noticed no skegs under the boat. and it's on a trailer with center rollers. Did these old Mustang's not have skews, or were they removed so it would roll on this trailer?

Not super interested, but if I can get the number low enough.....

Thanks,

MS
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2013 at 1:49pm
No skegs
Brian
skibumo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibumo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 12:51am
I have just picked up a 69’ barracuda this summer and it does not have skegs, I am actually trying to figure out how to put some on, i think it would really help with the turning. it currently drifts and banks quit a bit in the turn, i feel that the canter skegs would really help this. trying to research where to mount them and how big the skegs should be. any one out there have any ideas.
1969 Correct Craft Barracuda, Chrysler 318.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 2:22am
I think one of your problems is going to be how it fits on the trailer. If you have a period Correct Craft trailer I'm not sure that you have the clearance to get it on. The other might be the shape of the keel,on the newer boats that have them the bottom is flat where they fit. And 3 is cost.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 4:50am
What Gary said plus it's not original!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic