Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Low temp readings,gauge

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 2:04pm
Mr.hollywood..

So when you come in from say a ski run, Turn motor off. Is not water in the Block? So ,After cooling down say 3 hrs, The thermo stat is closed.. Correct?

So when you fire it back up the thermo stat will remain close until it reaches the proper temp to open..

Is there not water in the BLOCK--After the motor has been shut off?

I think I do understand..
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by eljayrx eljayrx wrote:

Mr.hollywood..

So when you come in from say a ski run, Turn motor off. Is not water in the Block? So ,After cooling down say 3 hrs, The thermo stat is closed.. Correct?

So when you fire it back up the thermo stat will remain close until it reaches the proper temp to open..

Is there not water in the BLOCK--After the motor has been shut off?

That is correct but is neither here nor there. HW is correct, and I suspect you still don't quite understand. Read his post again.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 2:36pm
Mr TrBenj.

I said pretty much the same thing as Hollywood said!

Maybe some does get in to fill the block, say firing it back up the next morning..

How much who knows. BUT the Thermo stat will stay closed until operating temp is reached.. Then there will be FULL FLOW block and all after that.

Prior to the thermo opening ,, The flow of fresh water only circulates to other areas and then out the exhaust..NONE TOO THE BLOCK!

Is this not the main reason to drain block for winterizing?

because for the most part the anti-freeze being sucked in may just by-pass the block and out the exhaust? Leaving water and no anti-freeze getting into the block..

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

the back door The front door is always open,

Lin,
The back door and front door are key terms when it comes down to cooling as well as heating.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 2:44pm

Mr TrBenj.

because for the most part the anti-freeze being sucked in may just by-pass the block and out the exhaust? Leaving water and no anti-freeze getting into the block..

No, you haven't been reading enough of the winterizing threads. Tim just mentioned that the block fills from the bottom. This is true. Air escapes the top via a small air bleed hole in the T stat.

BTW, the hard core here do not believe in sucking antifreeze. You pour it in. That's even the method your manual tells you. I thought you had the manual that the PO gave you???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 2:59pm
Mr.Peter

ONE QUESTION---------------- is not the block full with water after you shut it down? Yes or No? After this I have another question.. ty
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 3:17pm
Yes the block stays filled with water after shutting the engine down.
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 3:36pm
Ty------Lake skier... Now that being said,, The only circulation for the MOST part of freshwater cooling is that 95 percent is not going in to the block,, How could it? If the thermo is closed.. Correct?

So when the thermo opens hot water escapes and then fresh cooler water replaces it ,,

FULL CIRCIRCULAION is then in play-

for some reason some boys on here say I do not understand how the flow takes place...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 4:30pm
Your most recent post is correct, so you may have grasped it now... You understand now that the following statement is wrong, yes?

pmc incorporates a DUAl by-pass system.. Full circulation through out the ENTIRE engine even when warming up.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 4:39pm
Water is always circulated in the block (at least on a BBC), thats what the water pump on the front of the engine does, There is a bypass hose under the thermostat housing that lets the warmer water out of the block and back into the water pump. Its not 100% or maybe even 50% of full circulation, but it does prevent hot spots from forming inside the engine. The raw water pump discharge can not get into the engine, becasue the thermostat is closed, blocking flow into the block. Once the thermostat starts to open and begins to discharge the hot water from the intake into the exhaust manifolds, new colder water from the RWP is sucked into the block water pump (not the raw water pump - that has full flow going all the time, most of it bypassing the engine) and pushed into the block. Then a balancing act begins with the thermostat opening and closing to maintain whatever its setpoint is (143F or 160F), and as it modulates it allows more (or less) cold lake water into the block.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by mark c mark c wrote:

thats what the water pump on the front of the engine does,

What happens with engines with only a RWP and not the automotive circulation pump?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 6:05pm
Don't have one of those, so I don't worry about it. One would assume there is some kind of minimum flow orifice that allows some minor flow of cold water thru the engine at all times.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 6:45pm
trbenj-- If the statement is wrong then do not blame me.. That is what the CC-book is reading...

Almost word for word..

Dual bypass system-- Full circulation through -out the engine -Even during warming up ..

Now maybe having the word Dual was the concern?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 6:56pm
Mr. Peter.. I you trying to Hint to me that you might be a BACK_DOOR MAN? Regarding your comment to me?

back door and front door are KEy terms? I see nothing like that in the CC, Book at all!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

thats what the water pump on the front of the engine does,

What happens with engines with only a RWP and not the automotive circulation pump?

Don't have one of those, so I don't worry about it. One would assume there is some kind of minimum flow orifice that allows some minor flow of cold water thru the engine at all times.

Mark,
You may not "worry about it" but some of the members here do have cooling systems with only the RWP so, your comment may be confusing to some. RWP set ups were very common before the marinizers realized they could save some money. Instead of tooling up for a block off plate where the standard circulating pump fits, they started just purchasing the block with the circulating pump. There isn't a orifice on RWP only cooling systems. They simply use a T stat to direct water to the block or by pass it out via the exhaust manifolds just as systems with circulating pumps do. Since you are an engineer, I hope you can comprehend the concept. A fixed orifice with the wide RPM range of the typical engine would be pretty tricky. Pick an orifice size and calculate the CV value at different PSI's and GPM's!! You will be amazed at what the figures come out to!! Don't forget a rubber impeller pump does have a max head.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 1:35am
Hence my disclaimer (at least on a BBC) in my statement above. BBC is a big block chevy for those who don't follow all the acronyms used.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 1:01pm
Linda, give up already. Yes, there is circulation but clearly you don't understand what is circulating. I just don't think it's within your grasp.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 3:10pm
Hollywood.. While Mr. peter, seems to be the Back-Door man! Are hinting to me that you are all front DOOR?

I think I might have a GRASP on this matter though..

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 3:19pm
Any door in a storm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 3:27pm
Hollywood. much respect for your response..You have come clean!

Now, Mr.peter just needs to come out of the closet and come clean, If he enjoys the Back door,then so be it.I am sure with 20 -50 VR1, he would be well prepared to tackle any Back-Door situation!

Not to mention is does have a nice amount Of ZDDP in as well well.

His flat tappet would do no Harm or be harmed...
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 3:29pm
O lord, lmao! .....
“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.” ― Harry S. Truman
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 3:38pm
Are we on Wakeworld.com?    
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 4:46pm
+1 Steve!   
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 5:02pm
What the hell are either of you doing on Wakeworld?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 5:10pm
What the Heck are we doing here - on this post? WackY.........
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 5:11pm
BTW - I only got on Wakeworld once my Mom set up my account for me......
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 5:19pm
I got 86'd from WW 3 times...LOL
This is the life
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 5:57pm
This has been more interesting than anything ive ever seen on WW. Perhaps a good 79nautique rant would be the only thing that could top this? Perhaps
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What the hell are either of you doing on Wakeworld?

LOL!!!   I ended up there once searching for boards for the kids, couldn't leave fast enough...
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

This has been more interesting than anything ive ever seen on WW. Perhaps a good 79nautique rant would be the only thing that could top this? Perhaps

Bueller......?

Bueller.............?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic