NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Competition Barefoot Boats, Non CC

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:12am
Steve
Our ski team bought a Mastercrap Barefoot 190 (tristar wtih a bbbc). We were not impressed and very happy when this boat became someone else's.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Steve
Our ski team bought a Mastercrap Barefoot 190 (tristar wtih a bbbc). We were not impressed and very happy when this boat became someone else's.

It didn't last long in the MC line up so I figured it must've been a disappointment. I'm guessing that would've been MCs answer to the BFN.

When we footing on Badin?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 11:23am
My uncle had a '87 tristar. I don't recall skiing begin it but I was told it had a good barefoot wake... And that was about it.

Mc made a few different outboards- the prostar 200 of the late 80's, the barefoot 200 of the early-mid 90's and the powerstar 200 of the late 90's. I've been told the bf200 was a decent footing boat- pretty sure it had a semi-vee hull.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 11:25am
I've seen some old Barefoot Supremes with 460 Fords in them. Probably fast but the hull is no different from a standard Ski Supreme so they probably foot just like any other ski boat. Never barefooted behind my Uncles 87 Supreme.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 11:47am
Same goes for the Barefoot Skier, American Skier hull (which you'll notice is true for most, if not all of the inboards)

Sportster is a very good barefoot boat. Don't worry about what wasn't tested, it's quite easy to read between the lines.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I've seen some old Barefoot Supremes with 460 Fords in them. Probably fast but the hull is no different from a standard Ski Supreme so they probably foot just like any other ski boat. Never barefooted behind my Uncles 87 Supreme.

Theres a guy on here who bought a BF Supreme with a 460 real cheap and got it running. I like the looks of those boats.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 12:19pm
Agreed Tim, They are great looking boats. I would prefer a Supreme over a MC. There was an awesome white one with metallic blue and red graphics (barefooter that is) a while back for sale somewhere. My uncles 87 is teal and white and has been a really good boat to them for going on 12 years I think? Was on a private lake it's whole life until my uncle picked it up.

Two of the longest members of the Muncie Ski Club both sport stunning one owner examples of Ski Supremes. One is dark red with metallic grey/white graphics and the other is flipflop with metallic grey color and red/white graphics. They boat look show room new. One of the two was in the factory when it was set to be foreclosed on. Gene had to make a late night trip to get to the factory before 12am when the take over stared. He went into the factory himself with his suburban and pulled his pre paid boat out. If he didn't do that he would have lost his money and his boat. . There used to be a beautiful 300 hour annaversary edition on our lake that someone bought and then proceded to park on a lift un covered every summer untill it disappeared
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 3:57pm
The Malibu Sportster is a nice footing boat, too bad Malibu never submitted it as a Barefoot boat because I'm sure it would have passed.

Those Supreme footers were pretty bad. IIRC the wake was not very crossable. That was a long time ago.

I don't have a list of the boats that failed to earn approval.
They have approved some pretty crappy boats too.
If it's not approved it has never been used in competition barefooting.
The list I posted is from the ABC.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 4:25pm
SkiPro?

This is the life
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 5:09pm
Thats crazy! Looks like show ski twin rig tricks haha.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 5:39pm
Are all the ski-pros out in the back 40 with trees growing up out of them. A few weeks ago when we were talking about Banana George's boats, I looked in all the classifieds and google images and don't think I found one ski-pro. I thought they were popular in the endurance racing circles because of their speed, so I figured they would still be around, but I haven't found any.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 6:30pm
I have heard tales of SkiPro's having hull separation during a race. Almost sank. They had one at 2003 Nationals in Elk Grove and very few skied it. The drivers all said the boat wandered because of the outdrive but I have never driven, riden in, or skied a SkiPro.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 6:35pm
94 Flightcraft

91 Flightcraft

Willies Malibu

This is the life
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 9:53pm
Are all Sangers composite? Got a buddy looking at a 91 but he's done with wood stringers unfortunately.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 9:57pm
I think HW may have told me that they're still built with wood, but icbw.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:06pm
Sanger has no qualms about using wood.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:17pm
If you don't have 9 mins skip to 3:00

This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:25pm
A 91 you just need to inspect.
Some older boats have had some problems, Outboards have some problems at the transoms sometimes but its rare, the ones I know of are pre 91. I know of some floors being replaced but I have not seen any stringer jobs. I am not saying it's never happened just that I am not aware of any and I do look.
This is the life
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:39pm
I don't think they screw motor mounts into those dinky plywood stringers.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:47pm
you're right Sanger has never screwed motor mounts into the stringers.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:48pm
Something to note here would be that Sanger has no horsepower limits on the hulls. You can bolt in whatever you want.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 10:55pm
Don't forget Sangers heritage is in going FAST with tons of horsepower.

Here's an 81

This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:00am
soooo wacha think about a bu response txi with the 410 engine and the scarpa plate?
bling or decent bf boat?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:14am
Is that the boat you test drove/videos?
What was it's top speed?
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:23am
Kap
I have footed behind the LXI with the 410 hp and it was very good. We used one for our New Years Day Tournament 2 years without compaints (other than the driver) - yours truly.
Youtube search for Lake Norman New Years Day Barefoot Challenge
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:27am
yup, thats the one, id say around 50, not sure how accurate the phone gps is but while ss they told my i was going 47 wich I doubt...

the bu is 5k up in price than the sanger with the same engine but has more resale potencial here...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:43am
The Bu we used wwould run 54+ on a GPS.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:45am
Consider this:

Do you do any barefoot wake slalom?

Most people don't do much because their wakes are not conducive to footing. And if you don't compete you may not find any reason to be crossing your wakes on one foot frontwards and backwards.

I can tell you wake slalom is fun and very challenging.

How many times can you cross it in 15 seconds? Basically the world record is 10 front one foots, and and another 15 seconds for 10 back one foots(2 passes) 1.5 seconds per cross...that's fast.

The wake is extremely important.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:56am
why don't you think it was 47?
it sounded fast...it looked pretty fast, had to be 44+

that would be something to try and verify before buying it. What is the topspeed towing a footer longline by a good GPS.

And you get another test drive/footin runs then
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 1:11am
i´m planning on doing another test run, as last one potencial buyer (julio) could not assist! I went as his advisor!
we might even mount a SFH for the next outing, and of course do some ll runs...

I cannot cross wakes, probably due to the fact that the table on the sn is like running on rocks...I always end up doing face plants...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic