Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step pads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Step pads
    Posted: April-06-2004 at 3:20pm
Anyone have any idea where one could find a pair of the teak and chrome gunwale step pads used on the '70's boats?

Thanks,

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2004 at 4:54pm
the teak pads on my 72 cc i/o had no chrome frame.

i would get some teak step pads, router them to an available frame size and screw the teak to a thin aluminum plate that would be covered by the frame.

she'll never know......
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2004 at 10:17am
Originally posted by tryan tryan wrote:

the teak pads on my 72 cc i/o had no chrome frame.

i would get some teak step pads, router them to an available frame size and screw the teak to a thin aluminum plate that would be covered by the frame.

she'll never know......

Thanks Tom, but there is a slight problem, with this idea. The boat already has two about even with the front of the motor box. She wants two more near the rear seat. So they have to match the existing.

A wet, waxed gunwale and a barefoot passenger got together last year in what could have been an ugly relationship. Only damage was to her pride!

I may just have to make 4 new ones, just another one of life's opportunities.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2004 at 11:38am
West marine has what your looking for 3" x 8" teak traction plates and they have a 12" version also. The 8" west marine part number is 197907 15.99 a piece.
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2004 at 12:00pm
Thanks '79. I'll check them out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic