Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TRAILER QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
JOHNNY207125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAILER QUESTION
    Posted: September-08-2012 at 3:29am
iam just curious.....i purchased a 82 ski nautique with the orig. trailer i was told (sure looks like it nothing wrong with it)...it fits the boat perfect....but i looked at pictures here on the site (not all) and i have not seen a dual axle trailer with wooden platforms under any of the boats i have seen....even when i was looking at other boats to purchase all single axle....my trailer looks a bit over kill for the boat but iam pleased with it....buyers choice ?.....dealer option ?
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 9:36am
By "overkill" you mean yours is a double axle? If that is the case, then it was not original.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 1:48pm
I have an 82 with a Tandem, now in CA and purchased originally that way in Washington. The tandems seem to be more common in the west. Is it overkill? yes. But, the only time its ever any problem is when trying to push the boat and trailer around by hand (oh, and when buying tires of course). BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

By "overkill" you mean yours is a double axle? If that is the case, then it was not original.

That statement is flat wrong. Besides the fact that I own an 82 of which I have the original invoice for a tandem trailer from the dealer, the tandem is listed as an option in the 82 brochure which can be found in the reference section of this site.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

That statement is flat wrong. Besides the fact that I own an 82 of which I have the original invoice for a tandem trailer from the dealer, the tandem is listed as an option in the 82 brochure which can be found in the reference section of this site.

BKH

Actually BKH, he's right. At least if by "original", it's assumed to mean "original correct craft" trailer. As far as I'm aware, the first year that a tandem SN trailer was offered was 1990. Prior to that, all #3's were single axle. 4's an 5's were offered in tandem versions, but those fit the v-hull boats only (bfn, SW, fish, etc).

There are lots of tandems out west as you noted, but most (like under your 82) are aftermarket. Probably because it was cost prohibitive to ship trailers all the way from FL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 4:59pm
Different statement Tim. But, I'll give you a tip of the hat because you know your stuff.

That said, I've seen seen 80s Ski Nautiques on CC tandem trailers. There were at least 2 or 3 in my neighborhood back in the day.   My speculation is that a Ski can sit on the "deep v" trailers but not the other way round. It's my speculation because I suppose it's possible they all modified the trailer to make their SNs fit. I never stopped to ask. It seems unlikely but I guess it could be the case.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 5:50pm
ok i have the title for the TRAILER in my hand....i was told the boat came from N.C. from new and as the title states it did....on the title is says prior title state N.C....date pa titled 11/02 that is when he told me he bought it... make of vehicle it says CORRECT CRAFT....year 1981....and by looking at the title number he was the second owner of this trailer as he told me he was....the trailer is c-channel frame,dual axle with wood platforms under and on the sides of the boat before and after the fenders with the U frame up front that the bow goes in between,no winch and/or no locking assembly for the eye bolt....so the trailer seems to be the corrct year for the boat and as the title states correct craft i believe it seems to be the orig. trailer for the boat at this time
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 6:04pm
Bkh, I believe you're right that a Sn would fit on a #4... But the bunks on the v-hull trailers run parallel over most their length, so I would expect a flat bottom boat to sit a little nose low on them. I have seen one or 2 2001's on what appear to be converted tandems, but I suppose it's possible they shipped from the factory that way.

A picture of the trailer in question would sure be nice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 6:07pm
just looked at the brochure for...that is my boat color and all except i dont have the bow rails and my mirror says ski-nautique on it....on the upgrades for 82 #10 says vee-bottom.....nice brochures in that section
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 6:10pm
Johnny, post a picture of the trailer. Now I'm curious what you've got. As Tim said, mine is not a Correct Craft Trailer, it is a Ryan.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 6:23pm
first...the bunks are almost as long as the trailer....back it in let the back float (you have to be in the water a bit to let this happen) pull off...come back in drive right up to the U frame get out pull it out of the water and it stays there it just dont move...as for safety i put a trailer chain from frame to eye bolt....remember it has no winch or lock for eye bolt...second....how do you post pictures on here...iam not at the boat at this moment will be there in about 2 hours then ill post one....thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 11:09pm
just got home and looked at the trailer....sticker plate says manufactured by correct craft inc. orlando fla.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2012 at 1:53am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

BKH

By "original" I meant that the factory recommended trailers for the 82SN were both single axle (3 or 3LB). Since your boat came from the factory with the optional tandem I'm sure it must be set up just right.

Both of my trailers are non-original and I've always envied folks with an original "just-right" trailer setup. I'm not a bass boat guy but their sexy factory custom trailers make all the difference. Lotta tournaments at my marina, these guys can get 75 boats out of the water in no time at all like rapid fire..boom..boom..boom..it's just incredible.     

the only good thing about a bass boat is the sexy custom trailer it typically sits on.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2012 at 3:20am
so iam assuming i have the correct CORRECT CRAFT trailer under my 82 SKI-NAUTIQUE and it is a bit overkill but it is set up perfect for getting in and out of the boat using the platforms on land rather then using the fenders and it also fits the boat perfectly....when i find out how to get a picture on here ill post one of it.....as i asked from the begining owner choice or dealer option....now we know CORRECT CRAFT dual axle trailers were a owners choice from the dealer as an option back then   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2012 at 1:31pm
I don't think we have established anything yet. Post a picture!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

i have asked on how to do this and no reply as of yet.....iam still working on it
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by JOHNNY207125 JOHNNY207125 wrote:

i have asked on how to do this and no reply as of yet.....iam still working on it

Posting a picture is very easy especially if you do a on site search for instructions. Since that seems to be a problem here goes: First, use the "post reply" and not the "quick reply" Click the tree icon with the up arrow. The window that pops up will allow you to browse any file in your computer. The picture may need to be resized. 800 x 600 works well.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Posting a picture is very easy especially if you do a on site search for instructions. Since that seems to be a problem here goes: First, use the "post reply" and not the "quick reply" Click the tree icon with the up arrow. The window that pops up will allow you to browse any file in your computer. The picture may need to be resized. 800 x 600 works well.

Pete, you should save that in a Word document so you can cut and paste it at will...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

i cant get the picture to 800x600
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2012 at 11:41am
John,
The other option is to use a on line photo hosting site like photobucket. I actually find it easy to use especially since I have my accounts profile set to automatically size any picture I load into to it. Once the picture is loaded, it's just a matter of copying the IMG code and pasting it into the thread of your choice. Photobucket also has some pretty decent tools for editing your pictures.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 7:04pm
sorry john,
evidently you wanted me to post the picture in this thread!!

Copied and pasted from the "for sale section":

I received a PM from John asking me to post this picture of his trailer. He did not give me his screen name nor did he tell me what he wants to do with the trailer. I only have to assume it's for sale so, here is the picture:

Here's his profile
John,
You need to fill us in on why you wanted me to post the picture.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 7:09pm
thats ok....i was just sending you a pm on it...i sent another picture....can you post it here also.......thanks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 7:13pm

thats ok....i was just sending you a pm on it...i sent another picture....can you post it here also.......thanks

I got the second picture and it's simply a absolute blank CC trailer ID sticker so it's pretty worthless.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 7:19pm
so is it the correct correct-craft trailer for the boat even being a dual axle for 82 ?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 8:24pm

so is it the correct correct-craft trailer for the boat even being a dual axle for 82 ?

John,
It sounds and looks like you have an original CC trailer even though the tandems were rare for the smaller hulls.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 8:47pm
Interesting trailer. Sure looks like a cc frame... But nothing about the tandem axle looks anything like a factory tandem. My guess is that a previous owner converted it from a single axle.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 8:53pm

Interesting trailer. Sure looks like a cc frame... But nothing about the tandem axle looks anything like a factory tandem. My guess is that a previous owner converted it from a single axle.

My guess would be somehting like that as well. Fenders look more modern. Looks like it fits well.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 9:15pm
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND KNOWLEDGE ON THIS
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 9:28pm
John,
You stated you have the original title for the trailer correct? What does it say?????? Model #???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHNNY207125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 9:39pm
pete the pa title has no model number.....ok lets try this....does anybody know the unlaiden weight and gross vechile weight of a single axle correct craft trailer ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic