NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Correct Craft Owner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 8:12pm
Lizzy - Careful, you may have to start answering the newbie questions!

Great that you got the hang of it; the benefit of doing it yourself is the knowledge that the boat is in good shape.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Lizzy Santo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Lizzy - Careful, you may have to start answering the newbie questions!

Great that you got the hang of it; the benefit of doing it yourself is the knowledge that the boat is in good shape.

SNobessed! Love the newbie questions idea! I look forward to the day I can answer them!! I have a horn issue maybe u all can advise. I crawled under the dash to find the horn. Checked the switch n its all good. The question is where did they hide the horn? My husband bought me a whistle...but as a new boater better idea to have a working horn....just in case! Any ideas?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 9:36pm
Lizzy,
Trace the wiring and I believe you will find the horn mounted behind one of the deck vents. Have Reid show you how to use a volt/Ohm meter and check out if the horn is getting the volts. Also, disconnect the wires on the horn and "Ohm" it's coil. You should see some resistance if the coil in the horn isn't burnt out.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 10:37pm
"Have Reid show you how to use the volt/Ohm meter"   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

"Have Reid show you how to use the volt/Ohm meter"   

Tom,
Do you have a different opinion of Reid than I do? Fill me in! If, you don't feel he can use a VOM, tell me about it.
Reid, old buddy, tell Tom you know how to read a digital or analog VOM!!!
I know you well enough that I know you can do it!!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 10:50pm
Closest I have ever seen Reid work on a boat, was watching someone ELSE work on one of his boats.
I'm sure Lizzy's hubby, Matt will give her lesson's on how to use it. He has the knowledge and she is willing to learn, great combination.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 11:38pm
There are even rumors of a guy on this site that
does not even open his motorbox
I know he can read a meter when he wants to.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 12:02am

Closest I have ever seen Reid work on a boat, was watching someone ELSE work on one of his boats.

A BIG TIME WRONG ON THIS ONE!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 12:20am
Whatever
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 12:29am
Liz, congratulations on learning how to do things for yourself. I don't have the patience to show mine and she doesn't care to learn. That being said I can call her and have her meet at the dock with boat and she very able to hook it up, pull it the dock and back it in. I would trust her to pull it anywhere.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 12:47am
Lizzy - Check the ground, mostly likey fault in the circuit.

If the horns are indeed bad, you can get new one's for about $30 a pc on the 'net.

I added a 3rd horn last year to get a bit more 'bark'.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 1:23am
Chris if she knows what good for her,she better get them thru Race City

See what you have missed Lizzy when you let Matt go to reunions? I'm sure you already knew!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

There are even rumors of a guy on this site that
does not even open his motorbox
I know he can read a meter when he wants to.

There are lots of things going on under that motorbox that I have no business knowing about nor understanding of.....thank goodness for Eddie and my son Dennis.

Holy cow..a 'peter meter' and its grown up brother a 'sidekick'. Spent a few hours handling these guys. Could read either of these pretty well..got lots of practice.

Hey Steve...exactly what I was thinking about how fast Larry found the famous Kristof pic..kinda scary.

Congrats Liz on the boat and your relationship with Matt. Even before the boat it was easy to see how you two felt about each other.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 9:57am
Wow, some good old equipment from the old days of phone repair! The first time I saw one was when we were having issues with a copper pair from one of our alarms. (yes, when it rained!! ) This older repair person (Back then they were not called "techs") shows up and pulls a meter out of an old leather case, phones into the "office" for a shunt to be placed on the pair at that end and then hooks up the meter. He told me it was a "point" meter. To me, it looked just like a Ohm meter with a different scale on it. I guess you phone guys needed to read "points" and not Ohms!    The reading he got was not good. I think he spent the rest of the day at plenty of "ped's". The copper pair problem when it rained continued to haunt us and the fire dept started to bill us for their calls. We solved the problem by dumping the copper and going wireless!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 8:33pm
Most alarms are wireless now Pete. I used that point meter in the blue case right up til the end and was nice because you could use it with one hand,the other hand you would use to move from pair to pair.The other meter superceeded it but required both hands to operate it,I used it only to measure noise when you had a noise case.When I started we could not even get a meter they were a "capital tool" meaning to expensive and had to be in the budget. To test a pair you'd call the test desk who was manned by the older tech's, some who were out on disability,and they would call the co and the tech there would hook up a remote access line called a "shoe". Then they would test each conductor and have you put on a short to see if the pair made it to you.If he didn't get the short you had no way to tell how far the open was!With the meter as you got good with it you could guess how far the open was by how far the needle deflected as you reversed the key,and as you know the gauge size would change your kick on the meter too. Gauge size now is mostly 24 but 26 was popular in the 70's and is in bad shape now. 19 was used back in the day before remote's due to distance and is real hard to work with when you have to splice too many.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2012 at 6:29am

Most alarms are wireless now Pete.

Yes, Schiller Park passed an ordinance requiring us to go wireless (fire only) directly to their monitoring station on all 5 of our systems but I maintained the hard wire to our own monitoring. I'm not too excited about the wireless since it does not point ID the problem and glad we kept the hard wire. With the hard, I can typically tell what's going on when the monitoring station calls me and reports what is tripping the alarm.

BTW, that ordinance in Schiller was passed and the alarm company selected was of course due to "politics". Yup, there are VERY close "ties" inside the village with the alarm company!!   

Internal premise wireless has come a long way as well. Nice since you don't need to pull all that wire through walls with fire blocking in it. I know you have been there many times and have even used the old beaded chain trick!! I installed a wireless in my new shop up north. Nice except the first two controls I got were from my alarm guy that services the plant. He ebays and it's where he got them very cheap. Well, these first two went into full alarm during my programming. My alarm guy found out the two were ADT with special programs!! The third unit was the generic version and is up and running without a problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 1:40am

Liz, congratulations on learning how to do things for yourself. I don't have the patience to show mine and she doesn't care to learn. That being said I can call her and have her meet at the dock with boat and she very able to hook it up, pull it the dock and back it in. I would trust her to pull it anywhere.

That's awesome your wife can help you with the boat! Girl power

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 1:42am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Lizzy - Check the ground, mostly likey fault in the circuit.

If the horns are indeed bad, you can get new one's for about $30 a pc on the 'net.

I added a 3rd horn last year to get a bit more 'bark'.

Ok will do on checking the ground! Thanks for the info, you guys are great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 1:46am

Chris if she knows what good for her,she better get them thru Race City

See what you have missed Lizzy when you let Matt go to reunions? I'm sure you already knew!

Gary, YES for sure on buying from my local Nautique Dealer!!!!! And YES we are missing the fun at CC reunions...we need to come soon!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 1:59am

I am SO excited to be US Coast Guard Aux. approved & licensed to drive my boat now!!!! I spent Saturday, for 8 hours, in an awesome class, given by the Coast Guard, to learn more about boating and safety. At the end of class I tested for my boaters license and passed! I HIGHLY recommend this class for all boaters youg & seasoned! It has invaluable information about safety and understanding boaters responsibilities! Boating is FUN, and also a serious responsibility!!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 6:18am
Lizzy,
I'm impressed. Congratulations. I'm happy to hear you say and understand that boating is a "serious responsibility".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 6:56am
Congrats
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 4:04pm
Congrats Lizzy!
My wife and I took a DNR sponsored safety coarse about 8 years ago. My son was getting a fishing boat and I told him we would go if he did. Well worth the day time investment.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Lizzy,
I'm impressed. Congratulations. I'm happy to hear you say and understand that boating is a "serious responsibility".

Thanks! And yes, i did not realize until taking this course just HOW much of a responsibility it is to own a boat! My wonderful husband has spoiled me...i just show up and have fun. Now that i am learning, it's a whole new ballgame - one that i love however

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2012 at 2:33pm
Marty stopped by Race City Marine today with an AWESOME gift! Thanks for my Lizzy Santo plaque for my boat! That was so sweet!!!

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 12:12pm
That is the finishing touch Lizzy!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

That is the finishing touch Lizzy!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 7:43pm
Lizzy---- Did you get the set of CC Guide Pole Covers from Reid? He had 1 set left from the Benjamin Bash.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic