NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Correct Craft Owner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by MattB MattB wrote:

-1 for sitting on the dog house whilst underway

And that is why these people are standing There are other DD boats that have seating on the motorbox too.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 3:09pm
I like that Tobago! I have never seen one hit the diaries or FS adds.....
Lizzy Santo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Nice boat. If you have any money left the CCF store has some cool shirts, one even has a 2001 on it. You might want to go shopping. Enjoy your new toy!

OHHHH T-shirts! Thanks for the tip and the comment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I feel like Obama being misquoted/half quoted like that

Lynette didn't dock the boat, the government did!

LOL You guys!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

-1 for sitting on the dog house whilst underway

Wasn't aware of that rule. Boy, I've only failed that one about 5 thousand times!

Beautiful boat! It always kills me when someone on this site gets a boat that looks twice as good as mine on it's best day, then says "can't wait to clean it up and restore it".

Thanks for the post! Your boat is beautiful and a perfect year (in generation of life)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I feel like Obama being misquoted/half quoted like that

Lynette didn't dock the boat, the government did!

LOL GUYS!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Airgrabber Airgrabber wrote:

Welcome, nice boat. I need to give my wife some lesson. Still a little leery about having her dock the boat though.

OH YES teach her! Or find someone to teach her if it's challenging! If she's like me, not the kind of woman who liks to sit or be left home, she will appreciate learning and feeling confident around the boat!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 5:24pm

Welcome, nice boat. I need to give my wife some lesson. Still a little leery about having her dock the boat though.

OH YES teach her! Or find someone to teach her if it's challenging! If she's like me, not the kind of woman who likes to sit or be left home, she will appreciate learning and feeling confident around the boat!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 7:20pm
[QUOTE=Lizzy Santo][QUOTE]

Knowing Reid, there could be 2 things going on in this picture. All I can say is I hope you are about to catch the boat while you are docking and not what the picture actually looks like Reid could be doing!
Greg

86 BFN
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2012 at 8:09pm

My wife docks the boat better than I do...    I'll do the trailer backing, as there is a significant difference in our skill levels on that front.... but there will be a practice day on trailering soon    Having confidence in my wife's ability to handle the boat, trailer and truck is really important for me.   I want her to feel like she is able to be in control of the boat in all situations, especially if she needs to put the boat on the trailer etc. Having 2 people at the dock makes a big difference in the load/unload duration too...

Really nice ride Lizzy congratulations!!
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 1:13am

Don't forget the with my original quote...

Quote -1 for sitting on the dog house whilst underway

The comment about -1 for sitting on the dog house whilst underway was somewhat tongue in cheek, this is a rule and a good safety rule and everyone should be sat down in a seat when under power

Hmmm............so while moving 20+, alone in the boat, it's probably not a good idea to let go of the wheel and sit in the rear bench seat to listen to the exhaust is it?

Maybe that's why they made the 89+ Nautiques sound like a vacuum cleaner...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 1:49am
My second adventure on my amazing boat with my wonderful husband! A night boat ride to dinner by water!!! My man is making all my dreams come true! And we got to use the adorable light thingy that goes n the back....so cute! Next up learning to change the impeller! I can't wait...equally excited as our night dinner by boat date. Stayed tuned for pics of shop day this weekend n getting greased up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 2:29am
      The Adventures of Lizzy Santo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

My wife docks the boat better than I do...    I'll do the trailer backing, as there is a significant difference in our skill levels on that front.... but there will be a practice day on trailering soon    Having confidence in my wife's ability to handle the boat, trailer and truck is really important for me.   I want her to feel like she is able to be in control of the boat in all situations, especially if she needs to put the boat on the trailer etc. Having 2 people at the dock makes a big difference in the load/unload duration too...

Really nice ride Lizzy congratulations!!

That's awesome! Ur a good husband and I hope to meet u n ur wife at a CCFan reunion soon!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Lizzy Santo Lizzy Santo wrote:

Stayed tuned for pics of shop day this weekend n getting greased up!

Please Lizzy, I'm begging you, do not post any pictures of Reid greased up. This is a family oriented site, please,please think of the childern!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 3:17am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Stayed tuned for pics of shop day this weekend n getting greased up!

Please Lizzy, I'm begging you, do not post any pictures of Reid greased up. This is a family oriented site, please,please think of the childern!

I promise to spare CCFan members any embarrassment and will protect the children!!!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 6:50am
Yes, pictures of The Bear all greased up can be very shocking... *Kristof is trying to get rid of the mental picture*

I'm in the process of teaching my wife how to pull a skier and docking and handling the boat... Even pulling the boat out of the water on the ramp... Slowly but surely we're getting there

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 7:32am
WOW Lizzy those pics look awesome and looks like you were having a great time....do you fancy adopting an almost 40year old? I am mostly house trained and reasonably clean (I jump in a lake as often as I can to wash off)

As our boat was a joint purchase between myself and my partner Gemma the driving/docking/launching/recovering duty's are all shared and Gem is very confident doing any of the tasks involved, it would not much fun if I was the only one that could drive as I want to be hanging from 70' back or enjoying the sunshine from the observer seat on occasions and not stuck in the drivers seat.
Confidence comes from driving the boat and you only get that by driving in all conditions and doing all the different tasks, I have total confidence in her ability driving.

Whomever is in the driving seat is in control and they get to call the shots everyone else in the boat (myself included) take the orders.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Yes, pictures of The Bear all greased up can be very shocking... *Kristof is trying to get rid of the mental picture*

Kristof,
Your a good one to be concerned about a "mental picture". I still have occasional nightmares from a "bathtub picture" you posted few years ago.

BTW, Lynette, glad your enjoying the new toy!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:25am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Your a good one to be concerned about a "mental picture". I still have occasional nightmares from a "bathtub picture" you posted few years ago.

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 3:04am

WOW Lizzy those pics look awesome and looks like you were having a great time....do you fancy adopting an almost 40year old? I am mostly house trained and reasonably clean (I jump in a lake as often as I can to wash off)

As our boat was a joint purchase between myself and my partner Gemma the driving/docking/launching/recovering duty's are all shared and Gem is very confident doing any of the tasks involved, it would not much fun if I was the only one that could drive as I want to be hanging from 70' back or enjoying the sunshine from the observer seat on occasions and not stuck in the drivers seat.
Confidence comes from driving the boat and you only get that by driving in all conditions and doing all the different tasks, I have total confidence in her ability driving.

Whomever is in the driving seat is in control and they get to call the shots everyone else in the boat (myself included) take the orders.

Thx for the good feedback about learning! Such good info you all have to share! And love to hear about all the women drivers <3. Soooo looking forward to a CCFan event to met u all. Lol on being house trained ...however I can no take on more responsibility (adoption). My husband n I r ready for the next phase n life after r daughter goes to college n a year. We will b footloose n fancy free...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 3:08am

Kristof,

BTW, Lynette, glad your enjoying the new toy!

Thx Kristof! Best toy ever!!! And good thing I've missed all these pics u guys r talking about.   
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 11:27am

And good thing I've missed all these pics u guys r talking about.   

No reason you should be spared. If you are going to be a member of this family, you've got to take the good with the bad. The Kristof photo that is being referred to above.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 3:17pm
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 7:09pm
Matt S.

STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are making the rest of us look bad to our wives.

LOL

Donald
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 7:13pm
Luckily my wife doesnt check the site, or at least I dont think she does?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 7:13pm
Larry, got thinking ...
..... what really scares me is you found that photo.. You have it as a screen saver?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 5:45am
You bunch of seriously deranged people... And ya'll think there's something wrong with me???
At least I accepted my problem... And acceptance is the first step towards healing...

Larry, got thinking... What really scares me is you found that photo... You have it as a screen saver?

That idea scares the sh*t out of me...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Santo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 4:53am
Well guys I changed the impeller and it was so fun! I see why you guys love engines n stuff! My wonderful amazing patient husband directed n taught me each step of the way. Thanks Babe!!! I got a little nervous when he said to intentionally stick my fingers n the grease!!!! But n the end I used lots of soap and my boat is happier with its new impeller. Next up....a new steering cable! This is fun!

I could not post any pics after seeing Kristofs pic I decided its best that way!!! But thanks for the hazing...its good to be a real member now
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 9:31am

You bunch of seriously deranged people... And ya'll think there's something wrong with me???
At least I accepted my problem... And acceptance is the first step towards healing...

Kristof,
We understand your "problem" and accept it but does Chantel?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic