NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ATTENTION Lake Lanier Crew!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATTENTION Lake Lanier Crew!
    Posted: July-10-2013 at 8:17pm
I would say Shoal Creek then Sunset Friday. Young Deer or 6 mile Saturday. Maybe T Mobile can get my phone fixed by then 219-712-5060 if not then call Gail 678-650-3354.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 5:12pm
I got it Tim and didn't take offense. You left your chain unattended.

The end of the year thing sounds good. Because of those rains, thunder on lanier is moved to labor day...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

(other then Buffalo's)

Didn't mean any offense Greg.. The weather is kinda shakey, kinda of a spur of the moment thing,... besides.... I think all would agree that we'd prefer to have a seasons end blowout at your place.    

Chicken, BBQ, fantastic venue, more notice to get people there and better weather...Surely the daily rains will end sometime ??? Wont they?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 4:03pm
Greg, just got off the phone with Tim M. Give him a call.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 3:51pm

(other then Buffalo's)

1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 3:24pm
Bummer Tim, we are at North Myrtle Beach at Flamingo Fling XXVIII. Won't be back until late Saturday.
Going to have to be another time. Want to hook up with you guys soon though!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 2:50pm
Okay, CREW.... I'm bumping this up as a few of the guys have been itching for a gathering of sorts. Looks like the girls and I are heading up Fri Morning to spend a couple days with Nautiquehunter on the water. Those of you who play on the south end of Lanier pipe up and we'll have a good ol raft up or something Fri night or Sat if the rains will hold off. Mike's added a couple new toys to his barn so we may even have over very own Correct Craft ToonTique to anchored out to raft up to and grill out. Will probably head over to Deer Park or ??? to partake in water sports then do Sunset cove just so my girls can see the chaos on a Fri night. Anyway most of you guys got my # and sorry for the late notice but the weather as we all know has been .

Any of you Lanier guys know of a better spot (other then Buffalo's) pipe up and we'll see you this weekend.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2012 at 12:37am

Sorry for the late post guys but it's been a long week. As always I had a great time spending it with the locals. The day is never long enough but we all enjoyed the day hanging out and pulling each other around in whatever boat was available. Big Thanks to the Hunters for putting me up for the weekend and Mike spoiled me by having PLENTY of room in his barn for both his boats and tow rig but 'Miss Scarlett' and my tow vehicle as well. Pretty neat to leave them both hooked up and out of the weather.
Big Thanks to Greg for opening up his home and back yard to play around on and splurging for the chicken. The water was awesome and the Fans were even better. Lots of laughs, pulls, and CCFamily time were enjoyed by all and even a new to him Supra guy who hung with us. Won't be too surprised if he's out shopping for a CC after spending the weekend with us.
The Hunter's and I along with an old friend of mine (Kim) from church back in high school who I hadn't seen in 30 years ventured out to the infamous Sunset Cove on Sunday. Her 17 yr old daughter wanted come along and bring a friend but just wanted to tube. I fought the good fight but caved in as most guys will do for a woman and agreed. Mike was loving every minute of it as yes....'Miss Scarlett' was pulling a.........tube. (Sorry Pete!)

Truthfully though, a tube was really the only thing you could do on the way over to party central as the water was so churned up I could only go about 18MPH and was still dodging wakes from 40ft yachts cruising at 20 kts or so. Ya gotta see it to believe it. We did find some realtively calm water off to the side and I convinced them them to ditch the tube and try a kneeboard. THEY LOVED IT! " OMG Tim, that was so much fun and better than the tube!" Music to my ears and the smile on my face said it all. Took Bully with us so look for pics under his thread.

Bottom line is Great time, with Great Folks, on Great Boats! Let's do it again soon Guys!

Mike and Gails 89 Supra...This baby is in pristine condition.

Kim's daughter Mallory on a kneeboard for the first time after ditching the tube!

Mallory's BFF Allison's turn.

Anchor whereever you can find an empty spot in Sunset Cove but be sure you have some eye candy to look at if you didn't bring your own.

Me on top of a floating dock that a local Marina pushed over for the day so Patrons could get 'Blobbed'... Mike launched Gail about 20-25 ft. but Kim didn't get a picture as she was having to play first mate.

Then it was my turn.... The Marina set me up...I wasn't quite prepared to get 'Blobbed' by two guys. Waaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooo!

I guess tubes are good for one thing!

He can ski. He can wakeboard. He can cook chicken. He can create his own self-named beverage. And..can also apparently fly. A man of many talents.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2012 at 12:32am
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Originally posted by moorfoot moorfoot wrote:

Truthfully though, a tube was really the only thing you could do on the way over to party central as the water was so churned up I could only go about 18MPH and was still dodging wakes from 40ft yachts cruising at 20 kts or so. Ya gotta see it to believe it.

Tim, Robin and I went to Sunset Cove last night for the "Full Moon Party". Live band and fireworks. On the way out, about 10:45 pm, it was dark. Moon shrouded by clouds. I pulled in behind a big 45' or so cruiser running about 15mph. Throwing a huge wake. Followed him out to the main part of the lake. Then had to jump that wake to move on ahead in the big water. That thing was putting up probably a four foot wall of water...kinda fun! FYI, I did keep a safe distance behind him and figured if he hit a low spot in the lake then I would have time to back off and get out of harms way.

four foot wake? guess that'd require a little strategy; i.e. ease over it or give it some gas to land flat on the outside...yikes..
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by moorfoot moorfoot wrote:

Truthfully though, a tube was really the only thing you could do on the way over to party central as the water was so churned up I could only go about 18MPH and was still dodging wakes from 40ft yachts cruising at 20 kts or so. Ya gotta see it to believe it.

Tim, Robin and I went to Sunset Cove last night for the "Full Moon Party". Live band and fireworks. On the way out, about 10:45 pm, it was dark. Moon shrouded by clouds. I pulled in behind a big 45' or so cruiser running about 15mph. Throwing a huge wake. Followed him out to the main part of the lake. Then had to jump that wake to move on ahead in the big water. That thing was putting up probably a four foot wall of water...kinda fun! FYI, I did keep a safe distance behind him and figured if he hit a low spot in the lake then I would have time to back off and get out of harms way.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 5:53pm
The things you gotta do to entertain the ladies!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 12:48pm
Sorry for the late post guys but it's been a long week. As always I had a great time spending it with the locals. The day is never long enough but we all enjoyed the day hanging out and pulling each other around in whatever boat was available. Big Thanks to the Hunters for putting me up for the weekend and Mike spoiled me by having PLENTY of room in his barn for both his boats and tow rig but 'Miss Scarlett' and my tow vehicle as well. Pretty neat to leave them both hooked up and out of the weather.
Big Thanks to Greg for opening up his home and back yard to play around on and splurging for the chicken. The water was awesome and the Fans were even better. Lots of laughs, pulls, and CCFamily time were enjoyed by all and even a new to him Supra guy who hung with us. Won't be too surprised if he's out shopping for a CC after spending the weekend with us.
The Hunter's and I along with an old friend of mine (Kim) from church back in high school who I hadn't seen in 30 years ventured out to the infamous Sunset Cove on Sunday. Her 17 yr old daughter wanted come along and bring a friend but just wanted to tube. I fought the good fight but caved in as most guys will do for a woman and agreed. Mike was loving every minute of it as yes....'Miss Scarlett' was pulling a.........tube. (Sorry Pete!)

Truthfully though, a tube was really the only thing you could do on the way over to party central as the water was so churned up I could only go about 18MPH and was still dodging wakes from 40ft yachts cruising at 20 kts or so. Ya gotta see it to believe it. We did find some realtively calm water off to the side and I convinced them them to ditch the tube and try a kneeboard. THEY LOVED IT! " OMG Tim, that was so much fun and better than the tube!" Music to my ears and the smile on my face said it all. Took Bully with us so look for pics under his thread.

Bottom line is Great time, with Great Folks, on Great Boats! Let's do it again soon Guys!

Mike and Gails 89 Supra...This baby is in pristine condition.

Kim's daughter Mallory on a kneeboard for the first time after ditching the tube!

Mallory's BFF Allison's turn.

Anchor whereever you can find an empty spot in Sunset Cove but be sure you have some eye candy to look at if you didn't bring your own.

Me on top of a floating dock that a local Marina pushed over for the day so Patrons could get 'Blobbed'... Mike launched Gail about 20-25 ft. but Kim didn't get a picture as she was having to play first mate.

Then it was my turn.... The Marina set me up...I wasn't quite prepared to get 'Blobbed' by two guys. Waaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooo!

I guess tubes are good for one thing!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 10:58am
What happened to Tim and Mike? Yall still on the south end?
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 10:56am
Sorry we missed you John. I'm betting we'll do it again.
1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 2:05am
dang..we were driving right by after 3 weeks at Norris. Would have been great to see some of you guys. Looks like fun..as usual.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 4:48pm
No sweat Pete. It's a little tough finding a place that doesn't sell them here. Maybe you need a witch's cauldron out in that new shop? I'll be accross Lake Michigan from you off and on until february, you could scoot that in the Atom.

Tom, of course that's me, but Ted did stop by.

Jeff, that was water. The lid was broken, so it took a recent shot. Will fix!

Again, it was great to meet the new folks and to see you 'old codgers'. I know one of the new young-uns went home with bragging rights.
1988 BFN-sold

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 12:16am
Tim,

Ship Bully to England to Roger in London for the Games.

Donald
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 11:40pm
Is that Ted Nugent or Buffalo?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 10:13pm

OK, those WERE boiled P-nuts. I was concerned.

Greg,
You just hit a "sour note" with me. Just yesterday I just ate my last can of boiled peanuts!!! I fell in love with them when 30 years ago I made a service call down to the Rodenberry pickle plant in southern Georgia and the maintenance manager turned me onto boiled peanuts. I have friends in the atlanta area so they will occasionally bring me some cans. Other than that, I have ordered cases on line. 1/2 regular and 1/2 with hot peppers added!!

So, if you ever come back up this way (GL reunion?) you had better though a case in the back end of the truck for me!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Look who showed up at the Lanier get together yesterday. Bully and Nautiquehunter

OK, those WERE boiled P-nuts. I was concerned.    

but Tim was soo happy!

And here's Mike fleeing the scene. Maybe there's more to the tale?

I had a great time yall; heck I must have...been asleep all day.   

Not the South End...

1988 BFN-sold

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 7:23pm
great day, thanks!

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 6:17pm
Should have posted that pic on the Bully thread, but could not find it quickly this morning. At least the mystery is solved!
And we did have a great day at the lake...again.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 6:11pm
Pete, he was with Nautiquehunter, who picked him up at the Nashville get together. Not sure who was doing the dog watching before Nautiquehunter got him.
Mike gave him to me to take home. As we were leaving yesterday, Morfoot and BuffaloBFN walked up to my Suburban to say goodbye to my wife Robin. She was in the truck icing down her knee after taking a shot to the knee from a ski. Bully was sitting on my dash and Tim says "is that Bully?". Tim has him now.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 6:00pm
WE FOUND BULLY!!!!! Wow, there certainly plenty of members that were concerned about his whereabouts. I stated to think he was locked up in some Mideast jail!!??
Jim,
Fill in the blanks about his disappearance for the couple of months. How did he end up with you?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 4:27pm

Look who showed up at the Lanier get together yesterday. Bully and Nautiquehunter
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Guess I'd just need Buffalo address and best time to be there.

Tim has my number.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by 1989SN2001 1989SN2001 wrote:

Greg,

The rest of my riding crew really wants to stick with our original plan of camping out at Carters all weekend. So I'm out, this time. Something about how they'd already paid for the campsite and bought food. Sorry guys, I'll have to meet you all next time.

TJ

I have a grill...

We'll catch you next time, or yall might want to drive up Saturday? I'm about 30-40 minutes from the south end depending on speed and your navigator.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

has a boat breaking sign welded in place.

Greg,
I've never seen one of these signs. What does the broken up boat signify? Only on Lanier do boats break up?

I mentioned it because it's been replaced more than once in the past. It's a 4" box tube welded in place.   

1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 12:00pm
TJ, we will meet again on Lanier. Have a great time at Carter's.
1989SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 11:49am
Greg,

The rest of my riding crew really wants to stick with our original plan of camping out at Carters all weekend. So I'm out, this time. Something about how they'd already paid for the campsite and bought food. Sorry guys, I'll have to meet you all next time.

TJ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic