NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on 1st Wakeboard boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 11:35am
check out this one in iowa, I like those colors and price seems reasonable. This gets you the open bow, more room, gt40 engine and no wood in the boat for under 10K and its one state away. I would call the guy.
93 Sport
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

check out this one in iowa, I like those colors and price seems reasonable. This gets you the open bow, more room, gt40 engine and no wood in the boat for under 10K and its one state away. I would call the guy.
93 Sport

The price seems a little high considering this boat in the link below probably sold a little north of $11K with GT-40 MPFI, Factory FCT2 tower, V-drive, nice skins, half the hours and 4 years newer. http://www.reachoo.com/ads/29836689#tampa-1997%20Ski%20Nautique%20Super%20Sport,%20310%20HP,%20wake%20tower%20%28Belleair%20-%20Largo%29%20$14200
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by jo-e90 jo-e90 wrote:

93 Sport

The price seems a little high considering this boat in the link below probably sold a little north of $11K with GT-40 MPFI, Factory FCT2 tower, V-drive, nice skins, half the hours and 4 years newer. http://www.reachoo.com/ads/29836689#tampa-1997%20Ski%20Nautique%20Super%20Sport,%20310%20HP,%20wake%20tower%20%28Belleair%20-%20Largo%29%20$14200

That ship has sailed my friend. Plus, the guy with the 93 Sport is likely open to offers. He says OBO.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 3:04pm
I think that '93 Sport in IA is pretty aggressively priced. I think I can count the gen 2 (all composite) Sport Nautiques that Ive seen priced below $10k on one hand.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I think that '93 Sport in IA is pretty aggressively priced. I think I can count the gen 2 (all composite) Sport Nautiques that Ive seen priced below $10k on one hand.

Tower and skins would add another $6k plus low reasale on a post 1000 hour boat. I will make an offer. thanks
I've just seen better deals out there but the distance hurts and long distance test drive.http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1997-Correct-Craft-Sport-Nautique-98833553
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 4:42pm
well here is the thing how soon are you planning on selling you gonna flip it or something? If you arent gonna keep it long buy a cheap 2001.

Also 6k for tower and skins sounds steep but I guess if you went all out. Plus you said your price point is 11K and that 93 is a fair price and he will probably come down. Most gen 2 sports are higher than that.

That one you posted a link to is 14,200. Thats an easy 5K more than that 93. Is your budget 11 or 15 thousand?

Here is the craislist add for it
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Tower and skins would add another $6k plus low reasale on a post 1000 hour boat. I will make an offer. thanks
I've just seen better deals out there but the distance hurts and long distance test drive.http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1997-Correct-Craft-Sport-Nautique-98833553

Well Im not saying that is the best deal in the world but its available and it looks like you could work with him on it. Plus I like the color scheme but thats just me.
Also I dont see a need to replace all the skins right now, pace yourself. No 15 year old boat is gonna have brand new skins. So if you spend 11,000 on that one from GA it still needs skins and a tower. So its out of your price range. also there is 500 dollars worth of gas between you and that boat. That 93 is in the next state and the main difference is the hours and most guys will tell you here thats not as important as the care.

Are you looking for a boat to use or the best deal in the country?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 5:27pm

Are you looking for a boat to use or the best deal in the country?

jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 6:21pm
whatz

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 6:41pm
Just so you see another part of the market check out this awesome moomba for 9500. Its got a tower,check, awesome interior..........check............ I feel like that 93 is looking like a better deal every second.

96 moomba
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 6:51pm

Just so you see another part of the market check out this awesome moomba for 9500. Its got a tower,check, awesome interior..........check............ I feel like that 93 is looking like a better deal every second.

96 moomba

I really like the way this '93 was cared for and comes with tower. Too bad it is a ski.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forsale/details.asp?ID=6052&sort=&pagenum=1

How about this '93? Has about half the hours of the gray '93.
If that could be had for $11k, which '93 would you go for?

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forsale/details.asp?ID=5607&sort=&pagenum=1
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 7:04pm
ugh that purple is a deal breaker for me. Like I said the hours on a 93 are almost a non issue to me. I would have to look at it and talk to the owner about the level of care etc. See how knowledgeable they are.

Also he may not come down to 11 on the pruple one. People who own nautiques know what they are worth and arent gonna give them away. He is not out of line at 12,500. I bet his bottom line is between 11500 and 12000. They are both options but you are gonna have to look at them and talk with the owners. If they are in great shape they arent gonna come down alot, if there are issues you can start to bargain.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 7:07pm
you didnt like the 90's-rific ski box? aka moomba?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 7:10pm
The purple on the Sport is a little tough. But, I dunno. I would personally go for it if everything else is cool and it's been taken care of. I'd ask for some more pictures, but it looks like a clean boat.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 7:13pm
ugh - monster towers are the ugliest towers made. They look like wide spaced tent poles after a hurricane ripped off the tent.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 8:03pm
You're pickier than my ex-wife.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 8:16pm
That purple '93 Sport looks to be in pretty good shape.
I would not sell mine for $12,500.
The bigger, open bow boat sure is nice!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 8:44pm
I agree with Tim that 93 Sport is well priced. The longer you look the higher prices will go as summer gets nearer. The hour meter is the last thing I would look at in any boat over 5 years old. Maybe not the last but I feel that general condition and maintenance are far more important than a hour meter that is so easily manipulated.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

You're pickier than my ex-wife.

Its just a matter of not regretting my decision.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

I agree with Tim that 93 Sport is well priced. The longer you look the higher prices will go as summer gets nearer. The hour meter is the last thing I would look at in any boat over 5 years old. Maybe not the last but I feel that general condition and maintenance are far more important than a hour meter that is so easily manipulated.

So... should I buy a boat without test drive?
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 9:39pm

I would highly recommend that you don't do that unless you have no other option. Even if you have to spend say $350-400 for airfare to fly somewhere to test drive, it will be money well spent in my opinion. When I test-drove the supersport, that is where I found that the steering cable needed to be replaced, water was leaking from port-side exhaust hose into the muffler, and packing needed replaced. I used these things to my advantage to drive the price down further than it already was. Things you find wrong with the boat are your bartering chips in most cases.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

I would highly recommend that you don't do that unless you have no other option. Even if you have to spend say $350-400 for airfare to fly somewhere to test drive, it will be money well spent in my opinion. When I test-drove the supersport, that is where I found that the steering cable needed to be replaced, water was leaking from port-side exhaust hose into the muffler, and packing needed replaced. I used these things to my advantage to drive the price down further than it already was. Things you find wrong with the boat are your bartering chips in most cases.

In that case, I will have to wait until summer to make all these test drives.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 10:03pm
OK, Joe, don't take this the wrong way but I'm really questioning your direction here. You're all over the map with the questions, everyone is giving you some real solid advice on different boats you've been asking about (and there have been a LOT), you're asking about test drives, and you have also been told that now is the best time to buy due to it being winter, etc etc. And you just say that you will have to wait until summer? I guess I am a little confused. It was 75F here today in FL. There's a ton of boats for sale in warm climates right now and the prices are the best they're gonna be all year. Are you really looking for a boat or just jacking everyone around and having a good time? And wtf is up with the Uncle Buck link? Where is its relevance to anything on this entire thread? If you are a John Candy fan at least post the vid of him skiing behind the jet boat in The Great Outdoors, that was a good scene.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 10:13pm
No offense taken. I have asked people to look at boats for me, the ones up North cannot be test driven yet.
How is your boat doing? What did you get him down to? I am looking for the deal you got. I am trying and thank all for helping. So far have gathered alot of info from this site. Have you ever lived up North?
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 10:28pm
Ok, here is my $.02. I think it is very important to test drive. That's just me, but you're not gonna buy a car w/o test driving right? You're darn sure not gonna marry a woman without a very long test drive either. Same goes for a boat. You have to be comfortable driving the boat. That's where it either clicks or it doesn't. Like I said, plane tix are relatively inexpensive all things considered. But you don't need to get to that point until you've narrowed your search to a few good boats you are really interested and talk with the owners. This is another extremely important step. Are they mature owners? Do they know about the boat? Ask maintenance questions, and who has done the maintenance, what intervals, etc etc. It's pretty easy to tell right away who "knows" their boat and who doesn't. The guy that bought my '96 asked me all kinds of questions about it and I was totally fine with that. I was glad he did. He drove from Texas to buy it sight unseen and I wanted to make sure I built a mental picture of the boat (as well as sent him numerous pics) so that he knew EXACTLY what he was getting before he got here.
   There are a lot of really great buys out there right now, but you can't get sucked in to finding that perfect boat for that unbelievable price. Chances are very high it isn't going to happen. I bought the Supersport you saw. It needed work, but I expected that. I went and drove it and took in everything that was wrong with it and figured in my head how much it would cost to fix everything and made my offer accordingly. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want a perfect boat, then buy a new one. If you want a good boat at a great price, then you're going to have to expect that there will be little things here and there that need fixing or replacing. But that's part of the fun of owning an older boat, and its even more fun when you can fix it yourself. I hope you find a great boat that you really enjoy. You just gotta jump off that ledge and take a risk. If you happen to fall along the way, there's plenty of people on here to help you get back up.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 10:29pm

No offense taken. I have asked people to look at boats for me, the ones up North cannot be test driven yet.
How is your boat doing? What did you get him down to? I am looking for the deal you got. I am trying and thank all for helping. So far have gathered alot of info from this site. Have you ever lived up North?

I spent the first 16 years of my life in NJ.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2012 at 11:08pm
Just asking.

On another note, I have called, texted, emailed many boats for sale on this site and found that many are either not for sale or they dont reply. I have tried to report these to Keith but they remain. Don't know his screening process. I have offered to pay for correctcraft dealer inspections on some and the owner backs out or says its not for sale right now. I have also made reasonable offers $100 under asking price and no response. I figure if people cannot find the energy to make a phone call or email, they probably didn't have the energy to properly care for the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4v-crPSrj0&feature=related
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2012 at 1:36am
Jo-e:

Make sure you look at the post dates on the sale ads that you respond to. I still get a surprising number of folks emailing me about boats that I have in the diaries and have sold YEARS ago.

Many of the folks (and their boats) may not be around if they are old ads.

I still am on the look out for that perfect 93 Excel.... all that I have contacted through the site responded quickly (if their boat was posted in the last few months)...... don't get discouraged!

Steve
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2012 at 1:50am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Jo, there just are not as many correct crafts here (MN) as other parts of the country, but they do come up.

Yep...took me 3 years to find mine.
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2012 at 5:18pm
An important thing when looking is being able to drop everything you are doing and move on a boat at the ealiest moment, this mean having your money accesible and being able to drive or fly to its location at a moments notice to close the deal.
I was watching the market everyday and a friend was also searching daily for me, I had contacted all the local dealers letting them know what I was looking for with my budget, I also talked to everyone I met. The first boat I looked at was not even advertised and was found through an aquaintance and a chance discussion.

Its a long process though and not something that just happens unless you are very very lucky, you have to know the market know the details of the boats you are looking at. I downloaded and studyied the engine manual and service books for boat(s) I was interested in and I trawled every possible website out there for information and issues people were having. I was on this site for a good year before I even joined. I kept an email record of all the boats in my price range with thier dates, pictures and links for over a year, but when I saw the one boat I purchased I contacted the seller the same day the advert went live.

Keep looking and good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic