Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rudder stiff

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87riveria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87riveria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rudder stiff
    Posted: June-18-2011 at 3:19pm
i have a 1987 riveria that i just bought. should rudder be hard to turn by hand out of water (on trailer). steering wheel turns easy but getting a squeaking noise from back steering area. could be white bracket that supports metal rod. any help would be great.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 3:54pm
Patrick,
Checking the ease of turning the rudder from the rudder itself may be difficult since you need to overcome the ratio of the helm. The force needed is basically backwards trying to turn the rudder itself instead of the helm. As long as the helm itself turns freely, you're OK. If not, then you're looking at a new cable.

Isolate the squeak. It may be the rudder port being dry. They do rely on water for lubrication.

Welcome to CCfan and Correct Craft ownership. So, where are the pictures??   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
87riveria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87riveria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 4:39pm
thanks for the quick reply. i'll get some pics posted in next couple days. someone told me that there were only like 15 of these riverias made. is that possible? know it was renamed martinique in 1988. 1987 cc riveria with ford 351.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by 87riveria 87riveria wrote:

thanks for the quick reply. i'll get some pics posted in next couple days. someone told me that there were only like 15 of these riverias made. is that possible? know it was renamed martinique in 1988. 1987 cc riveria with ford 351.

Patrick,
it's possible if you exclude the 100 that went to Cypress Gardens!! Seriously, there is a rumor that your hull wasn't even made by CC. Purchased by CC and then private labeled?? The way to find out is to email corporate with your HIN and ask the extra question but be patient.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic