Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternator regulator ??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternator regulator ??
    Posted: July-31-2005 at 5:37am
I changed my 3 wire to a one wire and use the solenoid on top of the starter rather than the remote. Very neat wiring and it's run well for a year now.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
S.T. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2005 at 1:03pm
These guys seem to think the internal regulator is better:

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA097006A

They also sell the external regulators:

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP098002

Whatever you decide to go with, they're always happy to help you get it installed properly with phone support.
dealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2005 at 2:42am
I am over hauling a 79 ski nautique with a 454 merc. I am down to the charging system. Right now the set up is a one wire alternator with a external regulator. I am not sure if this one wire alternator has a built in regulator but I am assuming it does not. The system looks as if it originally had a three wire alternator but I am not positive. I am not sure if I should go with a three wire alternator set up or a one wire set up with a external regulator. Is a internal regulator better then an external or are they both the same. This boat has been changed around so many times I am not really sure what goes where but I am getting it together. I have a 1000 cold cranking battery. What Amp should the new alternator that I buy be? I dont want to start putting in 3 guage wire and all that for a 135 amp alternator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic