Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ski pole pylon needs tightening

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pennnamebooks View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennnamebooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ski pole pylon needs tightening
    Posted: July-22-2005 at 12:37am
the ski pylon pole for my 1976 ski nautique is very loose. The guy I bought it from said he tried to tighten it but couldn't. Any suggestions are welcome
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2005 at 1:12pm
It may be that the socket and pin on the bottom of the pole/hull are rusted to the point that the fit is sloppy. I gave a brief write up on how to fix this problem a while back. Maybe you or I can search for it.

If the socket/pin is sloppy, the pylon will move around no matter how tight the bolts are at the floor. But, make sure the floor is not rotted out at this connection. Mine rotted and I had to glass in a new cross member (between battery box and engine compartment.

I will search for my old post....
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2005 at 1:14pm
Here's the thread...Socket repair

Clarification: use thickened epoxy for best results so it does not run all over the place. You can thicken epoxy with talc powder.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2005 at 1:41am
Our 1974 Mustang 17 has had a loose ski pole ever since it was new. I looked at it and where the pole goes through the floor bushing isnt tight. The floor bushing is, but the pole moves quite a bit around in it. Its been skiing for all this time, and it doesnt seem to bother it. I havent really inspected it hard to see if there is a cure, unless someone knows? What are there, hidden set screws under the floor????
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2005 at 4:47am
Mine is loose too. I'll look at it and let you know if I get any ideas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic