Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

miss firing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
73skier View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: miss firing
    Posted: July-19-2005 at 4:43pm
was out yesterday and the day before. then late in the afternoon it started to miss fire.left for the dock and got the boat on the trailer and open the hood. found the oil fill cover on valve cover off. it has a tube going to the flame arester. oil was all on the engine.plus my gas cap o-ring is split. my question is could it be water in my gas or did i hurt it with the oil cover off? checked the oil level and it wasn't realy low so i thought it might be lack of oil pressure.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2005 at 7:18pm
Water in the fuel is never good, it can cause a slight miss depending on how much water is in with the gas. I would check the PVC and make sure it is working correctly but the cap being off will not cause a miss. Now if it is spitting oil into the carb then it's going to miss.
73skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2005 at 8:31pm
what is and how do i find out if the pvc is bad.where is it located?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic