Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission Fluid Change

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Charles View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission Fluid Change
    Posted: July-16-2005 at 3:18am
I have a velvet drive and need to change the oil. Not having done this before, does anyone have any helpful suggestions? Can I just pump it out the top?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2005 at 11:34am
You need to buy a hand held suction pump to get the fluid out. I purchased mine at Sears. You can check the engine reference guides that are posted on this website to see what type of fluid you need. The cap/dipstick has an indicator on it to show you when it's full. It's a pretty simple task.

Ken
FUN-9C1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUN-9C1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2005 at 12:00am
If it's a direct drive (1.3 qts), just unscrew the filter in the back, (where the tranny line comes out just to the right of the shaft) and all the oil will drain out. If it's a reduction tranny (2.7 qts), remove the line at the top of the tranny cooler, and drain it out of that line.
'86 2001
'50 Century Imperial Sportsman
Aussie Ken View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2005 at 2:01am
I feel the easiest and cheapest way is to simply get one of those hand primer bulbs that are used on outboard motor fuel lines. Put the line into the sump through the dipstick hole and squeeze away. It'll take less than a minute to pump it out and I bought the primer bulb for $3 (and that's in Australia where everything is dearer)
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2005 at 1:20am
FUN-9C1 is right on. Get the nose of the boat up to tip the transmission back. Pulling the drain plug is the way to go because it allows the crap on the bottom to drain and most importantly, cleaning the oil filter screen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic