Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ACME prop dilema

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eklock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eklock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACME prop dilema
    Posted: July-09-2005 at 3:13pm
My boat: '91 SN w/PCM 240hp, 320 hrs, 14 x 16 Federal 3-blade.

Usage: Slalom, boarding and towables (kids only).

What to gain with a new prop: Pulling heavy skiers or doubles from deep water starts, someday I'll barefoot so I don't want to loose too much if any top end.

DIM advised me to get a #422 4-blade and ACME advised me to get a #470 3-blade.

Any comments or opinion?
HOLESHOT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLESHOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2005 at 4:46pm
go with the acme, iv got 1 on my 82 and it works great for me. i use mine for wake boarding.
the acme dealer didnot lie about a thing . and i gained about 10 more mph.
IF IT HAS A SPARKPLUG I CAN FIX IT
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2005 at 10:55pm
I have an ACME 3 blade and an OJ 4 blade.The ACME makes more noise due to the rough cut they put on it but both are very comparible props.I like the power band of the ACME a little bit better (tows a little better) but the noise i could do without.
S.T. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2005 at 1:32am
ultrahots,

What kind of noise are you talking about? I went to an Acme prop and didn't notice any unusual noise.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2005 at 3:13pm
I went with ACME's advice and just mounted the #422 on my '93 SN with the TBI Pro Ski engine (285HP, I think). As I am just about to finish the restoration, I should have the boat in the water this weekend and will let you know what I think of the prop. However, I have nothing to compare it to.
HOLESHOT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLESHOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 4:29pm
david f let me know how it dose for ya .
IF IT HAS A SPARKPLUG I CAN FIX IT
Ride_Klein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ride_Klein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2005 at 9:18pm
I'll vouch for the Acme. My experience is all on a 1986 2001, but it was great.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1591&KW=acme+542

I called the folks at Acme and their advice was right on in my opinion. Good luck, and I hope you're as happy with your prop as I was with mine.
Darrel View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2005 at 3:46pm
I have the #422 4 blade on my 95SN and it runs great, vibration free, quicker out of the hole than the orig. OJ 3 blade and about the same top speed. However, i would listen to the guys at acme, they really like the new 3 blade they recently came out with.   Get them to send you both, try them and keep the winner, just let us know how they each performed on the 91 hull.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2005 at 9:18pm
Like a Whine on accel and decel.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2005 at 8:53pm
Well for what I did the first time out (i.e. mild acceleration until I am certain nothing goes wrong after restoration) I am certain I am am going to be extremely happy with the ACME #422. Acceleration was brisk, throttle response excellent.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2005 at 3:51pm
ultrashots, If you are having a noise/vibration problem with the ACMe prop, then there are a couple of things that need looked at. First the shaft alignment needs fixed/checked and if it is ok then you need to replace the prop shaft because there are to many hours on the shaft and it's going to break. Just my .02
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2005 at 7:48am
Older CC had the props too close to the rudder, and too far from the strut in turn causes vibration. They finally in 1997 put the props 5/8 in from the strut and goodbye vibration.
steelerguy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2005 at 12:34am
I just got my 470 Acme prop in the mail and put it on tonight. I wil be testing her out all week as I leave for vacation On friday....
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2005 at 9:48pm
steelerguy, what are you putting that prop on?, 470 is a 12 1/2 x 15 right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic