Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying First Boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DaveR View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying First Boat
    Posted: July-21-2005 at 6:17pm
In addition to this site, boatsonline.com and flipsell.com are good resources for listings of used boats.

pre-'93 CorrectCraft boats have wood stringers (fiberglass encapsulated), '93-on boats are all glass/composite, no wood. Something to consider.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2005 at 3:51pm
I would look for a 93-94 sport nautique with dual captains chairs instead of the rear facing observers seat. I think the open bow section is a little better on the sports vs. SNOB.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2005 at 10:39am
Andrew,

Just curious...what state are you in?

'92Nique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '92Nique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2005 at 12:11am
I upgraded from a 18' open bow Chaparral to a 5.8L HO '92 SNOB (see diary section, blue boat tied to the dock in Maine). The bow seating is very comfortable for kids and small adults. The towing is fantastic. The ride is incredibly quiet. The tourque out of the water is very powerful. My gas consumption is no different than than my old Chaparral. You'll need to look hard to get a '92+ for under $10K however.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2005 at 1:17am
If the boat is in decent shape, and
you can get it for near 10K (your price range)
then that's a great deal.

You might also find a Ski Nautique Open Bow
(SNOB) nearer that price range as well.

Some of the Barefoot nautiques or nautique
Excels from the early 90s were also
open bows (and V-Drives as well).

BKH
Livin' the Dream

robie View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2005 at 9:04pm
Well I have been looking around and have found a nice Sport Nautique that I am going to check out. I have decided I want an open bow.

Any open bows you guys would recommend?

Thanks,

Andrew
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2005 at 3:17am
If you want to do some slalom skiing there is nothing better than a Ski Nautique or one of the older smaller CCs like a mustang. The 2001 will throw a great wake for wakeboarding but not as soft to cross as say a 90s Ski Nautiqe. My 79 is a lot rougher than my buddies 66 Mustang but is still a pretty soft wake to cross. I tend to enjoy playing on the boom. Keep in mind- if you have limted time and want to enjoy the water- find yourself a newer boat- I love my boat but find myself pulling wrenches during my very short breaks form school when it would be nice to just turn the key and go ski. That being said spend every penny of that $10,000 and then start saving for gas
1979 Ski Nautique
Darrel View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2005 at 2:57pm
Decide what type of boating you want to do. Mostly skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting... That should give you some direction towards one style of boat or another as some hulls are sport specific. Good Luck.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2005 at 12:10am
Meet the owner face to face, if he's got a really sad look in his eyes....you know,.. like his dog just ran away, then it's probably a keeper!
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2005 at 10:15pm
There's quite a selection of boats for sale on this web site, take your time, easier said than done.
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2005 at 8:05pm
get the one of the 2001's I have a 1986 2001 and love it it is my second one you will be very happy
robie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2005 at 7:41pm
I am looking at purchasing my first boat and have been advised to make it a CorrectCraft Ski Nautique. I have to keep it under 10K so an older one is my only option.

Can you guys tell me what to look for and what to avoid. I love being on the water but have never owned a boat. So any info is helpful. (good years, common issues)

Thanks Guys,

Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic