Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hour Meter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cam892001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cam892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hour Meter
    Posted: June-06-2005 at 1:45pm
I had 995 hours beginning yesterday before I hit the water. I spent most of the day just tied up listning to music (acc. switch on) and when I looked at the hour meter leaving, it was reading 998. I know that I did not run the engine 3 total hours yesterday, being I was only out for maybe 5 total hours. Could the meter run fast?
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2005 at 3:34pm
Switch your ignition to acc. and put your ear to the hour meter and see if you can hear it. On my boat, if it is switched on before you hit start, the meter is ticking.
Tim D
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2005 at 3:55pm
This depends on how the boat is wired and what type of key switch is utilized. My boat has a three position switch: off, run, start. So whenever the key is in the on position, the meter is running.

If you want to be able to listen to the radio without "running" the hour meter, you should have a four position ignition switch: off, accessory, run, start. The radio should be wired to the accessory terminal and the hour meter to the run terminal.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2005 at 4:00pm
The above is right. Left the key on, meter keeps running. Have a friend that left the key on when towing from Northern California to Lake Powell. He got a bonus of 10 or 12 hrs on the meter.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 12:57am
Thats neat bkhallpass! mine sticks every so otften and have to give it a slap!!
cam892001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cam892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 12:59pm
I can take the key completely out of the ignition and still listen to the radio, but the hour meter still doesn't seem to move, but it just seems that time is flying by when I have the engine running on that meter...am I crazy?
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2005 at 4:02pm
your 1/10th meter should turn one digit every 6 minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic