Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Burgee pole for Bow??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burgee pole for Bow??
    Posted: June-11-2010 at 6:27pm
Does anybody know where to find these any more? Mine is pitted and I would rather replace than try to rehab. I found plenty of sources for new burgee flags but no poles. Thought I had a better picture, but you get the idea.
Kirk
Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2010 at 8:12pm
Kirk,
Marty had a thread going probably about 6 months ago trying to find one. I think the thread went on for several pages! It won't be easy. All I can say is set your ebay account to notify you of listings and then keep you eyes open. Most are at the bottom of lakes!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2010 at 8:12pm
If you only knew how hard it is to find these 'poles' you'd have 2nd thoughts about 'chunking' yours!
E-bay is the only place that you'll see these come up, some rarely come up!!

The one for my Skylark that came up went for around $280. So you might be sitting on a gold mine with yours. Gotta see how it mounts,that will determine if it's an easy find or not.

Check with Mojo-Dave Dorsen, he might could machine one for ya or a bunch.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2010 at 10:41pm
I had a chance to buy one still wrapped in plastic, NOS. It went for $147 and I thought that was stupid. I did get real stupid on the guy's NOS wind wings that were still in the original packing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2010 at 10:46pm
Kirk,
I'm sure other parts on the boat are pitted as well. Consider stripping all of it off the boat and have it replated. It may be cheaper than buying the new bow staff.!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2010 at 2:10am
Marty, I was thinking about this the other day. I think you or Dave had mentioned getting measurements off mine to see if duplicating it was feasible. Am I correct? I apologize for never getting around to taking the measurements but the more I thought about it I don't think measurements will do any good. Unless I'm missing something, please tell me if I am. In my mind the only thing that would help would be a simple casting of it, in plaster of paris? Am I wrong?

Additionally, I'm going to the ACBS show in St Michaels next weekend. I'll keep my eye out for one on the sales tables if you would like me to. If so, send me your number(s) so I can touch base w/ you if I find one.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2010 at 2:20am
      MARTY MABE

610 LADFORD LANE

HIGH POINT.NC 27265-2871

1-336-882-6775 HOME

1-336-847-8676 CELL

DRIVER'S LICENSE #

Uh, don't know how Mr. Mojo would do that. Get in touch with him.
If Reid would ever let me hold his pole ,then I could take it to my machining guy
66 Skylark
93 SN
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2010 at 11:45am
Do you know a machinist who could duplicate it?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2010 at 12:18am
Well if I can ever get a-hold of one, I'm gonna take it to him and see what he can do one for. So far the Chrome Step Pad Trim Plates, he can do in Stainless Steel and electro-polish them for like $250 a set- that's quoted for just 3 sets. So the price would drop if I can get more people to commit to a set.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2010 at 9:42am
Marty,
It will be interesting to see what your machine shop has to say. CNCing the bow staff would require lots more programing, fixturing and machine time than the step pad frames. If I remember correctly, Dave had inquired about having a hard tool (die) made and then zinc die casting/plating like the originals. The cost of the die was high but the piece part was cheap however with die casting the run (quantity) was high.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2010 at 11:03pm
MARTY MABE

If Reid would ever let me hold his pole

Marty,

Careful, this is a family site.   

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2010 at 11:29pm
OK, Mr. Donald, don't you start with the wise cracking remarks now.
66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic