NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Barefoot ENGINE COVER????

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 Barefoot ENGINE COVER????
    Posted: May-28-2005 at 9:24pm
this is weird, i looked at a 79 barefoot nautique today with a WOOD engine cover......owner is second owner..says it is original.....cannot believe it. BUT, it does have the ORIGINAL "notice to dealer" paper stuck inside and the other red warning stickers......looks like a factory barefoot nautique with a wood engine cover. has ANYONE seen such a thing????????????

paul      pcmotorsports@carolina.rr.com   
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 11:53pm
Thats a good question. I wonder if CC made these out of wood initially because those usually had the OMC 454 big block. All the other model boats I know of had small blocks. Does yours have the 454? It sounds like the generic engine cover in glass wouldnt fit due to the bigger engine, and they needed something quick since it looks like that was one of the first built. Its just a guess.. Im curios myself!
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 7:35am
it is the 454 pleasure craft engine. the engine cover is EXACTLY like the guys 80 model barefoot nautique that is posted in the diaries section that is from the UK. it is the same funky shape and has two vents on each side. so.........after seeing that one also, i know that this is original, just not sure WHY correct craft did this on some. i know for a fact, that two other 79 barefoot nautiques i have found on the internet have the standard fiberglass cover. i cannot figure out why CC would use wood on some and not on others. it is supposed to be a 79 model boat.

paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic