Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Pics - Updated Progess - 82 sn

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Pics - Updated Progess - 82 sn
    Posted: May-28-2005 at 5:15pm
Here is my 82 nautique, I posted a while ago after I got the carpet installed. Well now, I have stripped the paint, awaiting to repaint the stripe royal blue.

Here is what I installed so far...
1. Pioneer Cd Head Unit
2   Rockford Fostgate 6.5 speakers in custom boxes on inside of hull.

3. Kicker 300 watt amp
4. JL Audio Sub

5. Electronic Ignition
6. New Battery
7. New Exhaust Hoses
8. New Carpet
9. New Drivers Seat with Flip Up
10. Re did the motor box, observers seat, and combing pads

11. Built a back seat, storage for life jackets and gear

12. New tires on trailer
13. Replaced all the floor from the pylon to the battery box. - Solid as a rock, I made a few additions to make it stronger than factory

14. Polished the ski pylon

Sorry about pics it was getting dark.

Still To Do:

1. Tower should be installed Monday
2. Tower Speakers
3. Paint the stripe royal blue
4. Redo the teak deck and shifter knob

What do you think???

Thanks, this website and the regular members has been very helpful in every step.

Jason
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 5:24pm
BTW, the flip up bolster is awesome. It makes it so much easier to dock or just be able to see what is the water ahead of you or when picking up your skier. Major safety approvement.

Jason

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 6:09pm
Nice work, good show
I like the simple monochrome.
Forget the tower speakers unless you like getting flipped off all day, and nobody's going to give you a tow if it ever quits on you. Consider a waterproof walkman.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 6:26pm
Gotta have the tunes(I am still young enough to think, if it is too loud your too old)j/k...Anyways we will be putting the boat on my lift in a couple weeks. We only go boarding/skiing during the middle of the week, when there is no one out there and I am will be respectful with the volume when other boaters are out on the water.

We also take it to a private little lake every once in a while.

Anyways I love the sound of the v8, a little too mucg.

Jason
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 7:49pm
I'm with GottaSki big time. I really enjoy loud rock and roll too but I rarely enjoy other people's music (especially rap and hip hop which should be outlawed). I become unhappy (and sometimes angry) when I am forced to listen to rap and hip hop being projected in all directions at unecessarilly high volume by some unconcerned disrespectful punk. (I'm not calling you a punk, I am just saying I don't like to have the joy of my day lessened whenever I encounter one.) Maybe I should say what I feel?

By-the-way, that is one nice looking boat. You have done a great job. I wish I had one of those seats. Although, it maybe too wide to fit in my little boat anyway.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 8:05pm
I concur, its not a matter of what they play, just don't want to hear it, even if its stuff I like. And it always sounds like azz no mater what your system is.
Middle of the week is when people expect quiet, especially residents. Good way to get a HP restriction on your lake because 20hp fish tubs don't have bazooka tubes.

I agree, best music is two wet exhaust pipes.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2005 at 11:56pm
Magnet attracts metal almost as much as Bazooka tubes attract DNR.

I am not old, but wise enough to know what will attract your local law enforcement agency, and they will find a reason to fine you for something!

Enjoy the water, but don't turn the lake into a night club.
Brian
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 1:05am
Alright give me a break, what I have you could hardly call a "system"

I have 2 speakers, a small sub, and planning on adding on 2 tower speakers with a total of 300 watts pushing it.

What I am saying is this stereo is a 1 on a scale of 10, compared to most systems that people spend a small fortune on. I live in Kansas, and the lake I frequent has no homes, and is near vacant monday through thursday.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 2:34am
They have lakes in Kansas?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 4:06am
I'll just mind my own business on the
stereo stuff.

But, Jason, that boat is looking good.
It really shows that you've put a lot
of pride in your work.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 5:36am
Yes we have lakes, we also just got this new fangle thing called the internet!

All kidding aside, I appreciate the comments. Like everyone knows on this site, these old boats are a lot of work, but they sure are fun.

On a side note, I was at the dock when I was testing the boat out on friday, and there was some old friends from high school putting in a 90's Sea Ray with a 5.0. 225 hp i/o.   Anyways I just dropped my boat in the water, and was idling out while my friend was dropping the truck off and talking to these guys on the way back to the dock.

Well long story short, they were joking about wanting to know if I wanted to race them. About that time I was leaving the no wake zone and I put down the hammer, my friend said after they heard my get on it and the 350 purr to life, they changed their mine and thought that my boat would wax their boat.

Be a prior owner of an i/o, there is no way I could have matched their top speed. My Four Winns with the 190 hp, could do 50 after you trimmed her out on smooth water.

I would think with all the torque, I could maybe beat them off the line, however I just got the stock prop on it. I really could care less for top speed, we strictly board and ski, not much cruising.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 11:45am
Now come on guy's....don't you remember putting a stereo in your first car and why?? Chicks of course. Give the kid a break at least he's not some spoiled, gay tree hugger.

If we old "styles" thought we had a better chance of putting a few cute girls in our boats....we'd install towers and be listening to rap and or fingernails being drug across a chalk board if we thought it would work. At my age, the only cute girls in my boat will be grandchildren

Nice boat Jason. Work hard!
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 12:19pm
Jason,
Super job!
That boat looks real slick.
(IMO the tower & stripe will take you back a step - but ya gotta go with what works for you.)
Boy, that drivers seat would fit the colors in my boat perfect - got any info on where ya got it?
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 3:28pm
I got the seat from trackermarine04 , it is on ebay. They are located in oklahoma, and were selling extra boat parts for a bunch of different boat companies. He has a bunch of seats on there, but nothing like mine right now. Earlier in the area he probably had 10-15 of this style, and they were going for about $100-$150.

Here is the link...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ100QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZtrackermarine04

I kinda like it white too, but what you can't see in this picture is the white is two different colors, where the paint under the stripe is whiter. Then you can see the faint outline of "ski nautique". So I gotta to do something.

Jason
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2005 at 12:19am
Jason-

Nice work....reminds me of my rig, except for I went with white and kelly green on the interior (combing pads and stripe down the midddle of the engine cover)

I think your learning from the posted comments that a few of these guys haven't realized that it's the year 2005 and wakeboarding isn't a passing fad. That's the reason I allways keep my questions strictly technical, and save progressive wakeboarding talk for other sites.

As far as the tower goes....it is absolutely necessary to take you to the next level in your riding (I know you already know this, but others don't seem to understand).

Everyone must remember that all of us who own a 2001 model have seen the value of their boats rise with the discovery of it's perfectly shaped wake for boarding.

One more thing..."spoiled, gay tree hugger" ....WTF?.....it's funny how old people have to ridicule others when they think differently.          
raygunclan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raygunclan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2005 at 12:16pm
64 skier!

some spoiled, gat tree hugger!!!!
that is so hilarios, someone needs to start a "famous quotes" thread!
i agree with the music. i hate to hear someone else's music, but i love to hear my own! so whose side do i take???
also, any lakes here in florida without houses on them would be wall to wall alligators! i can't even imagine taking the boat out without being afraid of what's under me!!! or for that matter without it breaking down!
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 1:29pm
I am amused, (not offended, mind you, just amused) by people that talk abut the primary upgrades to their boat as being the new kicka$$ 40 gigawatt stereo and 27 speakers and 4 subwoofers and .... I guess I have to remember that this is a boat site, not a skiing site, but I would think a love of skiing (ok, or boarding) would be the common thread. What is hence important about a boat is how it pulls and then, for us vintage folks how it has held up and how good it looks. I find it strange that what kind of stereo is involved is so important. I have always been much more impressed with what is on the back end of the rope versus what is at the front end of the rope. Although with my new interest in vintage boats, the condition of the vintage piece is worthy of note. However, I am not particulary impressed if someone happens to have the dough (or lack of fear of debt)to go out and buy a 50 grand ski boat for tubing or if the greatest selling point of a boat is its CD player.

OK, I've vented, go back and have your fun. Just don't play your music too loud near me.

75 Tique (AKA 'Old Fart')
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 6:28pm
Hey 75,

My boat pulls kicka$$ while pulling kicka$$ skiers and boarders while playing a new kicka$$ 40 gigawatt stereo with dvd and flat pannel screens, it also has kicka$$ people in the boat drinking kicka$$ beer with kicka$$ chicks that have kicka$$ bikinis filled with huge kicka$$ breasts, and it will have many more kicka$$ upgrades in the future.

I bet you will be begging me to play my kicka$$ music really close to you so that you will be able to check out the hot kicka$$ chicks.

80nauts (AKA 'Young Punk')
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 12:44am
Yikes!
I think my computer just jumped to WAKEBOARDER.COM!!!
Nope I scrolled up and I'm still here at correctcraft.com
This is where the old guys say "In my day I ski'd on wood skis and liked it!"
The young bucks say "Piss-off and crank up the tunes"
But we all LOVE Nauti's
(& I LOOOOOVE the bikinis!)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 1:23am
What's wrong with wood skis?
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 2:06am
To each his own, I just mentioned everything that I had done to the boat this winter. I wasnt bragging it, and I was quick to point out that I am not out to be blasting people off the lake and I would respectful with my music.

Yes I am young, and my views might change when I am older, but I am not out telling you how you should enjoy your nautique.

Your are right, you might be on wakeboarder.com, because I really didnt think posting pictures of my nautique (that I spent the last 4 months working on) would be ridiculed because I gave four lines to what kind of stereo I put it in it.

Give me a break, I will think twice about posting pictures of my boat anymore on this site.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 3:40am
I'm with Jason.

Like it or not, most of us can't afford to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a new nauti. So we modify them to FUNCTION how we want them to perform. If that means putting a a tower and a few speakers on your boat, that's your decision. Or, if that means you just cruise around all day pulling your grandkids on inner- tubes, thats great.

Bottom line...why ridicule a guy for showing some creativity and saving another nautique from rotting in some garage?

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 4:51am
Jason,

I think you're letting the old schoolers
get the best of you. Ever met an old
fart that doesn't like to give grief to the
young guys. That's what they call fun.

One thing old
timers enjoy even more than yanking the chain of a young guy, is the simple elegance of
quality craftmanship. You do great work. Trust me you're respected for that.

Keep the pics coming. You're really adding to this site.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 8:07am
Yeh Jason. Don't get so POd. Everyone can see you have an awesome boat and you have done an awesome job. You can do my boat if you want. It really needs carpet and front seats - real bad.

By-the-way, where did you get the carpet and what is the brand and color?
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 10:00am
No ridicule here Jason.
I love your boat. You should be very proud of it. Great job!
I just get a chuckle out of how quick some of these posts can go off in the wrong direction.
Keep posting pics and showing us that boat.
(I still love bikinis )
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 10:01am
Jason,

Let the stereo thing go already; we did. We said what we think of them. Ridiculed? yeash... We already complimented your great work; you explained your stereo usage and situation.

the insecurety of youth is what's amusing to us.

It is unrealistic to throw out big plans and pictures expecting 100% positive feedback; you should have known, so don't act affronted when you're questioned on one aspect of your ride, its quite unbecomming and immature.

We've seen this style all before whether the topic is boats, trail bikes, cars, trucks, school..Anyone with some hours on them hears 'hey look at me but don't comment unless its blowing sunshine up my azz..or I'll take my ball and go home'

Come on, I know you're better than that.

River Rat to Mole
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 11:11am
Hey,

I'm all for upgrading. I just hung up my old Northland Custom Slalom for a great new Maharaja. You should see the shine on that oak.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 3:23pm
Gottaski-

"the insecurety of youth is what's amusing to us"

give me a break....
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 4:30pm
Your right, thats a stretch
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 4:35pm
Hey it is dropped in my mind. I dont mind taking crap, but I really think everyone expected me to fire back and tell everyone to f off, and your too old, and yada yada.

SO it is a little unfair to say "the insecurety of youth is what's amusing to us"

I am far from insecure, just respectful. If I would have shouted obscenties, everyone would have said "typical young punk".

So its dropped. I will have some more pics of my boat on the "tower thread" soon. It is coming together quick. Out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic