NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i have a little prob....

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1time17 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1time17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i have a little prob....
    Posted: May-10-2005 at 12:34am
i have an 84 2001 and it was just restored and the switches all worked before im talking bilge, acc, blower, and navigs but heres the prob none of them except the acc switch work unless the key is in the off possesion.. when i turn the key on they all go off its real annoying.. so i guess my ?? is do any of you have the wiring diagram so i can try and fix it myself? or if you guys have any sugg please help.. the guys that did the work on my boat are like and hour away from me and really dont want to drive that far... if you do happen to have the wiring diagram please email it to me at mikie1time@aol.com

thnx mike
gotta love those old school nautiques
custom2001
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2005 at 12:45am
Hey 1time,

Did you see the wiring diagrams in the
reference section of this website?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2005 at 1:19am
Hey 1time17, let me know if you have trouble. If so, let me know if you find the wiring schematic. Good luck!
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2005 at 11:02am
It sounds like two wires on the ignition switch are wired backwards. The acc is probably going directly to the battery. It should be an ez fix.
1time17 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1time17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2005 at 4:42pm
ok me behe electrition that i am i looked under the dash and thought i saw the problem the wire needed to be moved over one prog on the ingition.. so i did that and all the switches worked when key is in the on possition,, so here is my NEW PROB i tried to bump the starter to see if they would still work and the starter kept trying to turn over so i unhooked the battery.. well im screwed know because the nearest boat ramp is a couple of miles..   PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

THNX MIKE
custom2001
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2005 at 5:10pm
You either still have the switch wired wrong or you damaged the switch when you had it connected incorrectly. Check the wiring, then replace the switch if necessary.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2005 at 10:42pm
Man a bartender ought to be able to get all the help in the world. Where are you located?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
1time17 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1time17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2005 at 1:21am
in the bass capital of florida no redneck that fishes will help a nautique out
custom2001
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2005 at 10:34am
Mike, Check your solenoid, it might be stuck. When you re-connect your battery terminals does the starter start turning? If so, disconnect the two small wires from the solenoid and try re-connecting the battery terminals. If the starter still turns over, then you have a stuck solenoid (cheap and easy replacement). If not, go back to your ignition switch.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2005 at 12:54am
Still stuck? I decided to take a few minutes and look at the schematic for 1984 on this website (should be correct if the wire colors match). First, did anyone put in a new keyswitch? If so, did they replace it with one with 4 terminals? If it has 4, then its not original and means someone got a switch with a accessory position(like a car). If its original (3 terminals-no accessory) then it should be connected as follows:

termial "B"(batt hot): should have 3 red wires to this terminal(one red is the batt feed, 2nd is the horn switch feed, the 3rd is the clock feed)

terminal "S" (start): should have one yellow/ red wire to it (runs the starter solonoid)

terminal "I" (ignition): should have 2 wires connected to it. One should be violet that feeds dash gauges, and goes out to the engine for the coil, etc. There should be another wire (assuming violet also cause it doesnt say) that feeds some type of key on indicator on the dash.

Well, hope this helps! Good luck! dont give up! It can be solved! Let me know....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic