NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another BFN Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 31>
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 12:41am
Progress looks good Tim! I think I'm going to like the Blue Bilge once it's all said and done!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 5:17pm
Tim, this might be a repeated question, since this thread is 22 pages, are you going to re-paint the graphics? Everything looks like it's coming a long nicely. I'm looking forward to both seeing and hearing the final product.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 6:11pm
Yes we are- but not anytime soon.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I'm looking forward to both seeing and hearing the final product.

Ken

Agreed, I think there needs to be a video uploaded when she is all put back together and running!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 6:26pm
Good idea I don't think I've ever seen a POV fire extinguisher video before.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 7:10pm
Are you guys confusing me with Joe?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2011 at 8:39pm
I'm really interested to see what the GPS reads at WOT. This could be the first 60 MPH Nautique in the history of Correct Craft Inc. The Bass Nautique trimmed-out is probably close.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 1:01am

This could be the first 60 MPH Nautique in the history of Correct Craft Inc.

Not knocking Tim and Greg's great project but I think that mark has already been passed. These are from 06 or 07.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

He doesnt frequent this site much, but lets not forget Bill B and his nitrous-powered rocketship. Rumor has it he runs into the 70's.

Originally posted by SS-201 SS-201 wrote:

I like the pedastal rollers because when preloaded properly assures you consitant adjustment. Why, because however the seats are ground, the heads are milled it will show up when preloaded. Remember there are go and no go tolerances when produced. I can turn my engine 7400 on nitrous and they work just fine. The heads have oval exhaust ports and the exhaust manifolds have rectangular just for a stater. If you look at the manifold flanges they are white to remind you of the heat there.

In tracking these down I checked Bill's profile.
says he hasnt been on since 07, but I could have sworn he's been on since then, New user name perhaps. Shame if he's not around. SOme good advice. Knows how to make a boat get up and go.

His non-CC boat.

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 1:32am
Hay Benj! I believe, BFN looks great. I want A personal ride when done
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 10:35am
the only 70 mark these boats are going to see is buying a new one lol,
looking good Tim
"the things you own will start to own you"
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

looking good Tim

I believe the above statement is referring to this boat...

It now belongs to his son, I talked to him about it a while back. Nice guy, I think he visits the site every once in a while.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 1:40pm

looking good Tim

Erik,
I've heard from that long lost CCfan member again!    The 70 MPH was confirmed by radar And BTW, that was in the water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

looking good Tim

Erik,
I've heard from that long lost CCfan member again!    The 70 MPH was confirmed by radar And BTW, that was in the water.

The legend of Bill's 70mph Nautique has been shared many times here- other than possibly Maddmarx, I dont think anyone has seen it run out in person.

Not that I dispute it Pete, but you make it sound as if Chris were the one holding the radar gun!

The 70mph mark can definitely be brought down by a CC, but not by our BFN- at least in its current configuration. While we clearly wont be the first, I do hope to break the 60mph mark.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 5:39pm

Not that I dispute it Pete, but you make it sound as if Chris were the one holding the radar gun! .

I'm only repeating what I was told!! Doen't anyone else email Chris and get his messages? I'm just wondering why I'm the relay person! Chris don't take it wrong - I don't mind at all and in fact, it's always great to hear from you.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 5:55pm

While we clearly wont be the first, I do hope to break the 60mph mark.

I am pretty confident you will Tim, but what I am really hoping is that you don't do that run until Epsom 2011 and that Joe has a couple tricks left up his sleeve to eek that additional 1.5 to 2 mph out of his boat, just to make it interesting.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 6:08pm
Might be time for Joe to hook up that bottle...
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Might be time for Joe to hook up that bottle...

ZOOOOOOM!!

If that happens I got dibs on being "GPS Guy"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 6:23pm
I got dibs on holding the fire extinguisher!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 6:39pm
Joes gonna have to start adding lead plates to the rear of his boat to keep the boat from shooting into outer space
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 8:32pm
Lets not be messing up Tims thread with any talk about that old 83 of mine.. she will be obsolete by this summer with some of the other projects around here. Heck I already put the fuel efficient prop on her, next are the mufflers and the rev limiter.. she is destined to be relgated to towing the wakesports sessions and use as a glorified floating stereo/cooler. She is retiring from the exciting sport of slow boat racing and will need to be content with the lies of the past. She will live longer that way, be able to retire gracefully, and never have to face her inadequacy head on.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 8:42pm
Larry, I hope your dreams dont come true... this thing had better be wrung out well before NE '11! One usually doesnt "eek out" 2mph, but Joe certainly has a few tricks left up his sleeve- including that bottle.

Joe, nice try- you sandbagging SOB!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 8:54pm
I didn't say I was retiring from the exciting sport of slow boat racing.. just that the 83 was. I might be able to find something in the shop to start tinkering with.. although this summer is a stretch unless I quit my job or something drastic between here and there.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I didn't say I was retiring from the exciting sport of slow boat racing.. just that the 83 was.

I know youve got more ponies in the stable than just that 2001... but Im not so foolish as to expect you to abandon your quest to break the 60mph mark with that boat simply because you have other toys to play with!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2011 at 10:36pm
Joe...are you stripping down the 96 as the next race boat?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 9:36am
hah, I meant 70 large
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 9:40am
was 70 on fresh or saltwater? lol
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Joe...are you stripping down the 96 as the next race boat?

Chris, I wouldnt normally speak for Joe, but since its my thread, what the heck... I suspect that Joe's next project will involve this boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

looking good Tim

I believe the above statement is referring to this boat...

It now belongs to his son, I talked to him about it a while back. Nice guy, I think he visits the site every once in a while.

Any Youtube video of this boat? I'd love to see how much hull is actually in the water at 70. I figured the water pick-up would be out of the water. Here's a question, that engine looks pretty stock, what the heck makes it so fast? Is the HP known?

Tim, you will definitely have the fastest BFN in Correct Craft history. Although, what's the top end of Eddie's Python BFN?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 1:32pm

What's the top end of Eddie's Python BFN?

Good question.

Eddie wouldnt let us GPS it- I dont think he cares much what his BFN tops out at. Joe lined up against him at LG when his '83 was good for ~53mph and Eddie walked away from him. Ive heard he thinks its good for close to 60mph, but Im not sure it would see much beyond 55mph.

The '87-89 hulls seem to run a little slower than the earlier ones, due to the shortened deck and forward weight movement of the dash, seats and battery. In addition, I would expect to have a slight weight advantage and about 30 more ponies.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2011 at 1:41pm
If you were hitting 57 before the rebuild, I think you ought to be hitting at least 60 afterwards.

Too bad 79 and SS201 don't sign on anymore. They contributed a lot to the site.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 31>
  Share Topic