Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’86 2001 Graphics & Upholstery

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kennelly2001 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennelly2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’86 2001 Graphics & Upholstery
    Posted: May-01-2005 at 1:23am
I've recently purchased an '86 2001 and at 1400 hours it is due for some TLC. Does anyone know if it is still possible to get your hands on the original vinyl graphics? Also, what about OEM upholstery from '86? Thanks -
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 1:03am
I'm not sure about an 86 model, but the graphics are (were) painted on by the factory on my '82.
Mr SPOK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr SPOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 9:49am
If you have any vinyl graphic fabric in your town, they can do it : the font's name on a 86 is Crillee and you have a little modification on the Q.
Mr SPOK from France Planet
862001 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 862001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2005 at 2:50pm
Call MidWest Correct Craft and they can get you both upholstery and orig. graphics made for your boat.
They are great!
kennelly2001 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennelly2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2005 at 1:47am
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I sent a note off to Midwest Correct Craft and they've quoted a decal set and new interior skins for the upholstery. Looks like it is shapin' up to be a fall project. Thanks again -
hyper1685 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyper1685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2005 at 1:55am
how much did they quote you for the decals and interior skins?

thanks,
Chris
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2005 at 12:33pm
SouthEast CC told me skins weren't available for my 87. I just sent Midwest a message to see if they can get skins for my boat. I hope SouthEast CC was wrong!!!! I'd love to cancel my upholstry appointment slot and get my deposit back!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2005 at 4:05pm
Mid-west CC uses a shop next door that has the patterns to make the skins. So what Southeast said is correct, Correct Craft does not have the skins available. Dennis will send you pieces of material for color selection and ask if you want a multi-colored skin and what type of pattern it is, i.e. solid, single strip, double strip and so forth.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2005 at 4:07pm
If you already have all of the seats then it will be cheaper if you go to a local shop. I did not have all of the seats on mine and had to use the skins as a pattern to cut the shape of the wood to mount them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2005 at 5:41pm
Yup, you're right 79Nautique. Dennis quoted me a price. Right now I'm half tempted to cancel my refurb and get my money and order from Midwest. It can't be rocket science putting on the covers, other than you need to use stainless steel staples. Anybody out there do this?
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2005 at 6:52pm
Midwest quoted me $1200.00 for seats & motor box covers on my '78. They said had the original patterns. I went to a local shop had the whole interior done for $550.00 & $125.00 for all the carpet which I installed myself. $675.00 for a complete interior. Midwest is kinda ripping people on this work. Any good local shop can match the patterns. The original lettering on mt '78 was painted. I took photo's before we started, had them digitized by a local shop, cut in high quatity vinyl and installed for $230.00 including the license numbers. Do it local its a better deal.
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2005 at 10:22am
Midwest can do it, but I won't see any goods for about 6 months. The person I have my boat scheduled with is sooooooo slow, He's 6 months behind before he even gets started. I had to pay 1500.00 just to reserve a block of time 6 months in advance to get my boat reupholstered. We even initiated a contract, and of course the start and completion date has long gone, so I might have to get some legal involved to get my money back. I need to find a place soon in Northern Virginia that does good work. Any suggestions out there???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic