Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

75 Southwind 20

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
whoone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 75 Southwind 20
    Posted: October-13-2009 at 5:22am
I'm looking for a swim platform and hardware for my Southwind 20. Did they make one for my boat? Can I use one from another boat? Anyone have any ideas.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 10:05am
Swim platforms didn't come out of the factory until 78. Take a look at this thread and get in touch with Teakworld. Tims platform from Teakworld

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:01pm
Another option is the CCFan store. See link at the top of the page.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:39pm
I know for sure they made them for the Southwind because I had a factory unit on my '83 Southwind 20 Open Bow. This would be the same hull shape as the '75.

My question would be is whether or not one could be mounted if it did not come from the factory with one...ie...would the hull have been made with the proper wood backing plates?? I assume all hulls would have been made the same, but, you never know. Its at least worth asking.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I know for sure they made them for the Southwind because I had a factory unit on my '83 Southwind 20 Open Bow. This would be the same hull shape as the '75.

My question would be is whether or not one could be mounted if it did not come from the factory with one...ie...would the hull have been made with the proper wood backing plates?? I assume all hulls would have been made the same, but, you never know. Its at least worth asking.

I dont believe there is any difference in the transoms between a boat that came with a platform vs. one that came without. Ive never seen any backing plates used at all. Most platforms put on through the 80's were just lagged on the top and have a screw in the bottom of the bracket. My '90 has screws on the bottom and through bolts with fender washers on the top. When I added a platform to my Ski Tique, the transom was pretty darn thick (3/8")... I through bolted with fender washers on the top, and lagged the bottom. Better than factory!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic