NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ZF 6 Speed - Calling Eric

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZF 6 Speed - Calling Eric
    Posted: September-14-2009 at 1:48pm
Eric hoping you may know something about the oil in these trannys. I have the ZF 6HP26 auto in my Ford Territory SUV and the service manual states the transmission is sealed for life no need to change oil or filter.

But then it goes on to say if used for heavy towing the oil and filter should be changed every 60,000 klms. The catch is the Shell R128 Specification M1375.4 fluid is $50 a litre and only available from Ford. The tranny holds 8 litres to make things worse.

And to change the filter you have to change the oil pan as the filter is encased in the plastic pan another $255. Ford now offer a steel pan with a replaceable filter for $325. The same box is used in Jaguars and Mercedes Benz. This does not include the extra fluid to flush either hoping I could use something cheaper than $50 per litre for the flush.

Hoping you can help as close to $800 for a oil change is ludicrous.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 2:44pm
bite the bullet Lewy, believe it or not i just did a honda rear end and it was making a racheting noise, almost was going to pull it and talked to a Honda tech, his reply was they all do it a 30k miles...you need to do an oil change...$25.00 per qt, changed it and never heard the sound again. do some searches or investigate what would be acompatible because i dont know. what i do know is when they tell you that you need the special oil, you do
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic