NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton, IL Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 11:52am
Alan,
I think our plan will be to reserve a camping site.
If the weather is wet, We'll probably run to a hotel for the night.
We don't have great camping equipment so putting up with rain at night won't fly.
However, I'll still utilize the site by leaving the boat there overnight.

What is the cost per night for the camp site?

Should be there on Friday around noon.

-Steve
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:08pm
Steve, Campsites are only $20/night.

I keep a six person tent in the MH that is available to anyone that needs it.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Nautique people are awesome.

'Tis true. This weekend, Mojo, one of my friends and I met at the pier at 7:00 on Saturday to get a few pulls in before the wind kicked up and our families woke up. With Moj' driving the Black Python back to the dock, we spot a white 211 with orange accents and surf boards on the rack. We swing by to say hi. A local guy and two girls were on the boat, all in their mid-20's, I'd guess. I started asking how he weights for surfing. He says factory ballast and a lot of people.

So, I ask how he'd like and extra 650 lbs of ballast? He said sure. The two girls on the 211 just about crapped when the three of us old guys climbed aboard...until they saw the size of the wake! It was the first time for any of us a lady appreciated the few extra rib-eyes we all are carrying just above the belt line, hahaha.

Wes offered up a pull and I accepted with great appreciation.

Talked up the site and 2010 reunion, so if you see this, thanks much Wes!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:16pm
$20 per night is good by me. Count us in.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:23pm
We'll be there, but I gotta sleep in a bed, looks like the Holiday Inn in LeRoy for us.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Nautique people are awesome.

'Tis true. This weekend, Mojo, one of my friends and I met at the pier at 7:00 on Saturday to get a few pulls in before the wind kicked up and our families woke up.

Do you guys do this early ski thing often? Next time I am up at Tuttle Lk, I may have to join you...
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:40pm
^^^Any flippin' weekend I can, as long as the conditions are decent. I set an alarm if I have to! All I need is a second driver and I can grab one of my kids as a 3rd. Email me any time you are up Steve and we'll set it up.

We'll be up on Labor Day weekend and the last weekend of September.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 12:49pm
We're camping for sure so count us in for 1 site.
I invited another guy (who is 90% for coming also)

I'm thinking 1 camp site is probably big enough for two tents.

On the DNR site it says: A group camp area for adults or youth groups has room for 75. It provides a secluded wooded setting and has a large shelter with electricity, three RV pads with electrical hookups, toilets, tables, grills and water there are no shower facilities at the group camp area.

Are we thinking about coordinating a group reservation or should we work it out individually?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 3:02pm
Ok, Here's what I found out. The group site is taken for that weekend so we're on our own.

We've been camping in the A area sites 40-49 are reservable and all available as of this morning. I just put our check in the mail requesting site 44. Any sites in this range are within throwing distance of each other, 42 through 46 are on the cul'de'sak and there's a trail right down to the lake. These sites will allow us to tie the boats up and it's a short walk up to the campground if you want to get off the water for a bit(or check on the dog).

So go to the dnr site, print your reservation request and send them a check for $25. Do it today while all these sites are open. We'll be getting in late thursday night.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 1:45am
I am thinking seriously about trying to make it down to this reunion. Are many wives and kids coming? I have a 13 year old daughter that may come as well. My wife and daughter are normally Marriott campers, but, real camping does sound fun.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 1:48am
I'll have my wife and daughters along - 6, 9 and 9. They love to play with all kids of any age.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 2:22pm
Mark site A-48 off the list. If people are wanting to camp, I'd hightly recommend getting these sites reserved if they want to be around the rest of this nutty bunch. It is 25 bucks to reserve.....pretty cheap insurance. It has been pretty full all summer.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 7:10pm
I just talked to the lady at the campgrounds. She said sites A41, and A45-49 are still available. When she gets Weitekampt's reservation, 48 will be gone too.

By the way, does anybody know how far it is to Charleston, IL from the campground? Just moved my son in to Eastern Illinois U. yesterday. May try to see if he can come up and camp too.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 8:04pm
I just sent in our reservation request for A47 ist choice(A46 if 47 is gone).
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 8:09pm
For those "non-campers" we are confirmed at the Holiday Inn Express in LeRoy, IL. Looking forward to seeing everyone, we'll be down Friday evening so will see everyone on the water on Saturday.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 8:38pm
Awesome, looks like we got the makings of a great weekend.

I'm going to email some of the gang that doesn't watch the site as closely as some of us do to make sure they know what's going on.

Might be a good idea to post a few cell phone numbers incase you show up and we're already on the water. The lake is long and you could waste half a tank of gas looking for everyone.

81nautique 630-209-3619
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 8:44pm
Lake Clinton Roster:
Name           Forum Name    Mobile #        Arrival Time
Alan Arrighi   81nautique    630-209-3619     Friday
Steve Kutsch   skutsch       262-909-2888     Friday Night

Just Copy the info above, paste it in the reply and add your info.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 8:44pm
My wife and I are supposed to go visit friends in New Hampshire that weekend but if the weather is bad we won't go up there. I'm thinking this might be a good plan B..... Would anybody have room for two more in their boat? I don't have a good enough tow vehicle to bring my boat out there. I can bring the Sky Ski if people would like to learn that....its good for all kinds of water.

Just thinking out loud here....

Tim

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 8:47pm
Capacity 9 in my boat, at the moment looks like it will be me and my buddy, maybe a second. Will be room here. I am sure it won't be a problem.

If my other "on the fence guy" doesn't come, we'll be looking for an observer anyway!
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

By the way, does anybody know how far it is to Charleston, IL from the campground?
89 miles between the two.

I called down there twice but only got a machine, so I sent my $25 and the reservation form on Tuesday and requested any available site in loop A. I put my email on the form for an electronic confirmation but haven't seen that yet. We'll just have to see where we land.

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 1:21pm
Lake Clinton Roster:
Name           Forum Name    Mobile #        Arrival Time
Alan Arrighi   81nautique    630-209-3619     Friday
Steve Kutsch   skutsch       262-909-2888     Friday Night
Gary Hein      stang72       217-520-3149     Friday

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 1:28pm
Lake Clinton Roster:
Name              Forum Name    Mobile #                  Arrival Time
Alan Arrighi    81nautique     630-209-3619      Friday
Steve Kutsch   skutsch           262-909-2888      Friday Night
Gary Hein        stang72           217-520-3149      Friday
RJ Riley               RJ                  414-581-1847      Friday noon-ish
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 2:41pm
Lake Clinton Roster:
Name                     Forum Name    Mobile #               Arrival Time       
Alan Arrighi             81nautique      630-209-3619      Friday
Steve Kutsch          skutsch            262-909-2888      Friday Night
Gary Hein               stang72            217-520-3149      Friday
RJ Riley                  RJ                      414-581-1847      Friday noon-ish
Tim Lichtenstein   tnplicky             309-253-9168      Friday evening

Weather permitting, we will be camping. I haven't confirmed with rest of the family, but I'm pretty sure we can make it.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I am thinking seriously about trying to make it down to this reunion. Are many wives and kids coming? I have a 13 year old daughter that may come as well. My wife and daughter are normally Marriott campers, but, real camping does sound fun.
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

I'll have my wife and daughters along - 6, 9 and 9. They love to play with all kids of any age.

I'll have the wife and 2 girls - ages 9 & 7     

Alan, I am sure Bodie will have lots of attention at campground.   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by tnplicky tnplicky wrote:

Allen, I am sure Bodie will have lots of attention at campground.   

and table scraps, he'll be a "happy camper" for sure

glad to see you'll make it Tim, we've missed you and the fam several times this summer.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 6:16pm
Lake Clinton Roster:
Steve Kutsch          skutsch            262-909-2888      Friday Night
Gary Hein               stang72            217-520-3149      Friday
RJ Riley                  RJ                      414-581-1847      Friday noon-ish
Tim Lichtenstein   tnplicky             309-253-9168      Friday evening
Steve Evans              RainDog        414-791-6955      Friday afternoon
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2009 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by RJ RJ wrote:

I called down there twice but only got a machine, so I sent my $25 and the reservation form on Tuesday and requested any available site in loop A. I put my email on the form for an electronic confirmation but haven't seen that yet. We'll just have to see where we land.

I've got A43 ... see you all there
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2009 at 1:17am
I am am sending out our reservation on Monday, and am requesting either A45 or A49. I think all other spots had been spoken for. If those are gone, I just indicated to put us somewhere in the A loop. Sounds like you can't go wrong with the neighbors any way you go

Lake Clinton Roster:
Steve Kutsch             skutsch        262-909-2888      Friday Night
Gary Hein               stang72        217-520-3149      Friday
RJ Riley                 RJ              414-581-1847      Friday noon-ish
Tim Lichtenstein        tnplicky        309-253-9168      Friday evening
Dave Gwinn               davidg        815-207-3394       Friday noonish
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2009 at 1:45pm
Lake Clinton Roster:
Mike&Gail Hunter        Nautiquehunter 219-712-5060       Friday?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2009 at 12:51pm
Lake Clinton Roster:
Mike&Gail Hunter        Nautiquehunter 219-712-5060       Friday?
Hollywood               Hollywood      847-436-0955       Friday night      
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 7>
  Share Topic