NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton, IL Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 2:23am
Count the Hunters in Clinton is one of my favorite lakes
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 3:50am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Maybe we can have the grandparents babysit this weekend.

I think that will be the plan for us.....

Rob
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 3:51am
So we're pretty set on the dates then? That might be a CCF record.

Rob
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 1:21am
Just got back home from Clinton, great skiing both mornings until about 11am then it gets pretty busy.

As for lodging there is a brand new Holiday Inn express in Leroy, only been open a short time. Now here's my disclaimer WE DID NOT STOP TO CHECK IT OUT BECAUSE IT'S BRAND NEW. Stay at your own risk. It is exactly 20 miles from the campground on RT74.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 11:42am
Sorry my friends... Looks like that is a bad weekend for us. Carrie is running a half marathon downtown that Sat. Staying down there for the night in support... Looks like my record will stay in tact. GL-4, Labor day Il Reunion-0

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 2:25pm
Joel,

How long of a drive is it from our area?

RJ and Steve,

You guy's planning on a Thursday PM or Friday AM departure? Bringing your kids?? Camping???
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Joel,

How long of a drive is it from our area?

RJ and Steve,

You guy's planning on a Thursday PM or Friday AM departure? Bringing your kids?? Camping???

Super easy drive. About a 2 hour run down to Bloomington (which I've done a million times going to ISU), then about a 35 minute jaunt over on 74 to Clinton. Piece of cake.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 5:57pm
The first 2 miles of I-55 is the hardest part!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 5:58pm
4 hours for me.

Friday AM, most likely. I might not rule out a Thursday run though. I'll need to see how things go. I've been pushing the family pretty hard by squeezing in a extra day here and there.

Wife and kids - yes.
Camping - don't know. Might come down to the weather. The only positive about Shelbyville is they had a camper/RV rental joint near by. I pop-up would be great if it starts to rain.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The first 2 miles of I-55 is the hardest part!

True dat. What a nightmare. Do not attempt this trip anywhere near rush hour.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

. The only positive about Shelbyville is they had a camper/RV rental joint near by. .

Steve,

Thats a plus and one could argue there is better skiing at Shelbyville if you know the lake but everything else makes Clinton a great place for this large a get together.

As for having to lodge away from the lake don't worry about missing too much as you can hang at the campground for a while. This is the type of get together where everyone pitches in and takes care of those that don't have lake houses and have learned to rough it all summer.

Now seriously, to everybody coming out especialy first timers(Quinner, RJ, nautique Hunter, Groovin,etc, just stock your cooler with your burgers or steaks or whatever and show up at the campground after a day in the water. All I charge is one beer per person and I'll cook all night. Heck, last year we had ton's of food and feed a whole bunch of weary(half in the bag) and hungry boaters. Anything in our motorhome except my bed is there for sharing. We also have a 3 room tent from the good old days I can bring along if anyone needs it.

You won't miss much by having to drive back to the hotel because I think we were all dead by 10pm after 12 hours of sun and fun.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 1:11am
So I'm intrigued by this warm lake, sounds pretty cool. I am okay with small locally owned hotels as long as they are relatively clean. Anybody know anything about the Wye Motel, the Town & Country Motel or the Sunset Inn & Suites (this one seems to be like a Cybarus - scary, but there is recommedations from families...)? These are all in Clinton.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 2:50am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

RJ and Steve,

I would like to head down on thursday, but Friday (early) works better for me. For sure bringing the kids, and more than likely we will crash at a hotel this time. I'd rather camp out but Im waiting one more year until my little guy will be 2.

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 2:59am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Now seriously, to everybody coming out especialy first timers(Quinner, RJ, nautique Hunter, Groovin,etc, just stock your cooler with your burgers or steaks or whatever and show up at the campground after a day in the water. All I charge is one beer per person and I'll cook all night. Heck, last year we had ton's of food and feed a whole bunch of weary(half in the bag) and hungry boaters. Anything in our motorhome except my bed is there for sharing. We also have a 3 room tent from the good old days I can bring along if anyone needs it.

You won't miss much by having to drive back to the hotel because I think we were all dead by 10pm after 12 hours of sun and fun.

Good deal. thanks! what's your beer of choice?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 4:12pm
RJ....bring some large bottles of the Babes!!! Don't know who to buy it from around here yet...so I will buy a supply from you! I an hooked!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2009 at 1:47am
Hey Gary,

You got it, I'll bring the BABEs with me.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 1:29am
RJ, I'd like to try the Spot Solver.
Please bring a 12 to 16 oz bottle for me to buy.

Edit- and a small bottle of Collinite wax.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 1:25pm
Just a FYI, we'll be heading back down to Clinton next weekend Aug 8-9 so if anyone wants to hook up for a pre September camping trip just drop me an email. This lake has become our new home away from home , 2 hours away but very easy to get to, great water, camping, etc. Hard to stay away.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 3:20pm
Just ordered a set of Midland GXT1000VP4 50-Channel 30-Mile Waterproof 2-Way GMRS Radios. These will be key in Clinton! Lots of water.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

RJ, I'd like to try the Spot Solver.
Please bring a 12 to 16 oz bottle for me to buy.

Edit- and a small bottle of Collinite wax.

No problem. I'll bring a case (12) of everything (16oz bottles)
some kits and a few buckets.

We're looking foward to this. I'm taking off Friday so let me know when you're headed out.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 5:47pm
RJ, did you pick a hotel/motel yet?

Steve
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2009 at 11:46pm
not yet. how about you? I'm leaning towards the holiday inn off the highway, but really depends if the kids come. As of now we might kidless for the weekend. I'm taking off Friday so whatever we do we'll be staying 2 nights.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2009 at 12:31am
Holiday Inn sounds good, it is not as far as some of the others. We drove 24 miles (a lot on back roads) to my wifes folks cottage up at GL and it took about an hour each way. That got old quick. There are also a couple of places in Clinton, I was hoping someone local could give us traveling in a heads up. I am okay with anything as long as it is clean. These newer Holiday Inns are usually pretty good.

I am looking at making this a guys weekend, so I was going to indoctrine a couple of friends into the Correct Craft experience (maybe we can convince them to buy a couple of correct crafts - oh crap I gave them this link...)

Steve

P.S. I bought a Babes kit with my boat - I am sold, that stuff is awesome!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2009 at 3:46pm
Hey looks like I am going to make it down with a couple of friends. Want to make hotel reservations but am torn between the Holiday Inn Express in Decatur and the one in Le Roy. What ramp is everyone going to use (and where exactly is it located - looks like there is at least 2 according to Google Map), that will help narrow down which one is closer.

Thanks,
Steve
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2009 at 4:20pm
Steve,

Most will use the ramp in the Mascoutin campgrounds. That's what I'd recommend that way you can pull out and join the gang for a while on land at the end of the day, bring burgers or something to cook there will be everything you need to cook on/with available.

LeRoy is exactly 20 miles from the campground, not sure about Decatur.

We're gonna have a great weekend gang, we camped this past weekend with Mike & Gail Hunter and a few of their friends and had a great time. Got us all up on the surf boards and had a ball.

We found an ideal cove with a nice sandy beach that will hold 20 or so boats. Depending on wind and temps this would make a great spot as it's nice to get out of the boats for a bit. It's about mid-point on the lake so it won't be the hottest water around but might still be nice if the air is warm.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2009 at 4:46pm
Ok, Le Roy HI Express looks like is where we will be... It is closer to Mascoutin then Decatur.

Should be fun! And we will bring burgers and stuff if your sure you don't mind sharin the grill. I'll make sure we have the required beer entry fee!

Thanks, Steve
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2009 at 10:20am
I'm most likely out for this trip. I completely forgot that my neighbor does his back yard concert thing that weekend, which I perform at every year with my other neighbor. Unfortunately, it's too big of a commitment to skip although I'd much rather be boating.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 2:28am
So looks like were coming w/o the kids, my mom-in-law offered to watch em for the weekend (Im definitely gonna need to pay her in beer or maybe something stronger......) So now were planning on staying at the campground, Is most everyone staying there? No reservation needed you think?

I'm leaving Milwaukee on Friday morning I should be there around noon. I'm really looking forward to this.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 10:19am
We decided last minute friday to head down for another weekend at Clinton. Got some great skking in and scoped out some great campsites. Also made friends with a gang down there that has a 98 Air and will be joining us. Nautique people are awesome.

Can we get a count on how many will be camping, the sites we liked are reservable so we may mail in for them just so we are all together. Otherwise we'll get in as early as possible and try to hold a group of sites together.
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 10:33am
I am 90 % sure we are going to be there and camping.
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
  Share Topic